Vortex Rear Sets and Air Shifter

Right now I am running the setup with the ram under the footpeg (Horizontal)

I will be switching to having it run off the motormount. I plan on having a part machined that extends off the front of the shifter and uses the bolt for the shifter "peg" to hold it on

Right now I am running the setup with the ram under the footpeg (Horizontal)

I will be switching to having it run off the motormount. I plan on having a part machined that extends off the front of the shifter and uses the bolt for the shifter "peg" to hold it on
I currently have mine set up to run horizontally as well with the stock rear sets but im afriad the bolt for the shifter linkage will hit the air cylinder if I go with the Vortex rear sets cause it would lower them quite a bit. I might have to consider something like ur doin tho.

I have mine as low and far back as they go, and everything works perfect! The only reason I am going to change it is because the aftermarket Catalyst bodywork would have to be hacked so badly to clear the shifter

Not sure what you want to see.... Here are two angles:

2012-10-16_22-23-29_148.jpg

2012-10-16_22-24-27_410.jpg

BTW, I was amazed at how much more legroom the Vortex offers! I never bought any because I could not justify the cost. I got those for a steal, and I am glad I did!

yea I feel like a contortionist sitting on my bike with the stock rears. im 6'0 tall and my legs are just too bound up. cant imagine how ppl over 6 ft tall can ride without lowering the pegs.

btw, is that the bracket Spencer sells on his site?

Back