Vortex Rear Set

Guclu

TurkishRiders.Org
Donating Member
Registered
ImageShack Links Do Not Work

When i bought the Vortex's rear set for my Busa , i saw that i need a special adapter to activate the brake light ... I check the ebay and find this ,

* <a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-Vortex-Brake-Light-Switch-for-Vortex-Rearsets_W0QQitemZ130020190404QQihZ003QQcategoryZ
35588QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....iewItem</a>

I bought that switch , but couldn't find any place to plug , is there anyone knows how to connect this device ? is there any picture guide ? the guy that i bought the item is not a friendly seller , he never answered my questions
sad.gif

That looks like it replaces your existing switch,so....you have to remove yours(trace the wires up and unplug) then plug this one in.

Cut off the round ends of the wire connectors on the switch and transfer them to the new switch. Or, take some small flat female end connectors and attatch them, that's what i did and it worked great.

thanx for all messages , when you press the rear brake pedal , it pulls the spring , the spring actives the brake light ... in this kit how can i combine the adapter and the spring ? or no spring needed for this adapter ? please more detailed info , thanx
smile.gif

You could just leave it off? You'll never use the rear break without the front break. At least not in traffic.

Paul Steen

(psteen @ Sep. 12 2006,14:15) You could just leave it off?  You'll never use the rear break without the front break.  At least not in traffic.

Paul Steen
... you're right but i'm quite a peevish person and i want every part of the bike works perfectly
smile.gif

that pressure switch replaces the banjo bolt for the upper brake line...
is dat what yer axin

When you replace the banjo bolt with the switch the pressure from the brake resevior will activate the switch.

So brake applied, fliud sent to rearbrake from resevior, that fluid activates the switch to activate the light.

(heavybusa @ Sep. 12 2006,16:03) When you replace the banjo bolt with the switch the pressure from the brake resevior will activate the switch.

So brake applied, fliud sent to rearbrake from resevior, that fluid activates the switch to activate the light.
yea what he said  
jump9.gif

looks very cool but the main effect is , you can customize your feet sitting position , that gives you more comfort , nonskid pedals are also a plus
smile.gif

I have those exact rearsets, love them by the way, but I didn't have to splice anything. It was a plug'n'play. I can't remember the manufacturer of the brake switch, but no splicy.

(heavybusa @ Sep. 12 2006,06:41) Thats it.

Its not a direct plug. You have to splice it in.
I have the same set-up. You need to splice yourself.

goto Bikebandit.com and buy another connector. There for no splicing will be needed and you can go back whenever
beerchug.gif

I had the Vortex and did not use the rear brake light switch. Never hit the rear brake before the front. But the bango fluid pressure activated switches are the best.

Back