vortex chain kits

DaBuzaBoy

Registered
hi all

just got my vortex chain kit ..its says no chain cutting required..

my question is, its 118 links and is longer than my stock chain. will i have issues running the longer chain or should i cut links off?

don't wanna scrap a new chain

thank you

WSS (Warranty) Chain Kit:

• Vortex Laser Cut Steel Rear Sprocket with Black Vortex Chain. Stock chain pitch and gearing on most models (see chart below).
  • Includes rivet master link.
  • The warranty period is 10,000 miles and to qualify the kit must be installed by a Licensed Motorcycle Repair Facility. The warranty is a manufacturers warranty through Vortex Racing.
  • All Vortex Performance Links chain kits are ready to install and require no chain cutting
Motorcycle Model:
Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa 2008-2018​
Kit Type
Rear Sprocket
OE Gearing
Vortex Gearing
Chain Type/Length
Chain Pitch
SSA​
Aluminum​
18/43​
18/43​
530RX3-118​
Stock pitch​
WSS​
Steel​
18/43​
18/43​
530RX3-118​
Stock pitch​

...requiring cutting and needing to be cut are two entirely different things.

Cutting the chain will not ruin it as most chains are for universal applications.

Cutting the chain will not ruin it as most chains are for universal applications.

just sucks, if they state chain requires no modification for install , then it should be just that..

just sucks, if they state chain requires no modification for install , then it should be just that..
Look where it's made...they make millions of chains for different applications, it's to be expected sadly....

Not a hard process, there are many threads dedicated to just that along with a video or two- @c10 has made a video or two on the subject.

Back