Vortex Aluminum Rear Sprocket after 8,000 kms

mike1180

Banned
I polished it before I put it on last year and thought there would be more wear.
There was a coating of some sort on it and I had to cut through that to get it to really shine.
Here it is after 8,000 kms.
Looks real good, for aluminum.

DSC01943a.jpg

DSC01945a.jpg

That's a good looking polishing job!

The Vortex aluminum sprockets are actually well made. They are properly machined with the correct tooth profile and spacing, plus they are flat and true.

I'll say one thing: The condition of that sprocket is a testament to the quality of your maintenance. If you were sloppy with chain alignment or cleaning and lubing, that sprocket would have been scrap a long time ago :thumbsup:

That's a good looking polishing job!

The Vortex aluminum sprockets are actually well made. They are properly machined with the correct tooth profile and spacing, plus they are flat and true.

I'll say one thing: The condition of that sprocket is a testament to the quality of your maintenance. If you were sloppy with chain alignment or cleaning and lubing, that sprocket would have been scrap a long time ago :thumbsup:

I switched to Bel Ray chain lube last year and it is great!
I always put the bike on the rear stand after a ride and while it is up I give it a very light dusting of lube.
It pays off.
The chain is clean and shows no wear at all after 8,000 kms.
That is real good stuff - nice and clean, no goop flys off.

Attachments

• belray.bmp
    607.5 KB · Views: 618
Have always used the belray products....
Remember paying 5 bucks for a pint of 2 stroke oil in the 70's
The chain lube does seem to work well...not too much mess

I'm am going to this sprocket in a 46t for my 08 and it's good to see that kind of mileage from aluminum.:thumbsup:

Awesome polish job, bel-ray superclean is all i use also have had great luck with it.

Great polishing job on the sproket! Imperceptible wear, great testement of how you take care of your stuff. Bel Ray lube is da best!! Just follow the application directions!!

Back