Vortek Sliders!

GIXERHP

ok, ok...just a wee bit Irish...
Donating Member
Registered
How many of you guys are using the Vortek sliders?

I just put them on this past weekend, and dont like the fack that the left one doesn't extend out as far as the right one.
I measured it and it has a 19mm diference, im thinking of having an extension made!
If i have the piece made would anybody else be interesed in one!

I dont have them but I hadnt noticed
lurk.gif

When I had mine on they were different. Its not too bad unless you tell someone. After my drop i took them backoff because i did not want to cut a new fairing like i did my original new fairing.

Someone else put a spacer in theirs when they put them on to make them even. I think they put it between the base and the puck. So wouldnt that make it look different any way?? If you put in under the base you need a longer bolt and how does that affect their performance (hopefully you never know).

(BlueHaya @ Nov. 17 2006,18:20) When I had mine on they were different.  Its not too bad unless you tell someone.  After my drop i took them backoff because i did not want to cut a new fairing like i did my original new fairing.

Someone else put a spacer in theirs when they put them on to make them even.  I think they put it between the base and the puck.  So wouldnt that make it look different any way??  If you put in under the base you need a longer bolt and how does that affect their performance (hopefully you never know).
we have the no cut ones if you still want to use frame sliders.

(StreetnTrack @ Nov. 19 2006,18:flamethrowing:)
(BlueHaya @ Nov. 17 2006,18:20) When I had mine on they were different.  Its not too bad unless you tell someone.  After my drop i took them backoff because i did not want to cut a new fairing like i did my original new fairing.

Someone else put a spacer in theirs when they put them on to make them even.  I think they put it between the base and the puck.  So wouldnt that make it look different any way??  If you put in under the base you need a longer bolt and how does that affect their performance (hopefully you never know).
we have the no cut ones if you still want to use frame sliders.
Do u have a pic of the no cut ones?

(GIXERHP @ Nov. 16 2006,22:46) How many of you guys are using the Vortek sliders?

I just put them on this past weekend, and dont like the fack that the left one doesn't extend out as far as the right one.
I measured it and it has a 19mm diference, im thinking of having an extension made!
If i have the piece made would anybody else be interesed in one!
Yer talking about VORTEX sliders right?
Heres an old link to my experience with them. I have yet to find the longer bolt with the proper thread pitch.....

Back