Voodoo Pipes? Yay or Nay?Hi

stonedpirate

Registered
Hi, I really like the looks and sound of voodoo pipes.

My main concerns are loss of power, too loud, burned exhaust valves and back firing.

Since i am not into racing, is the loss of power so great that a newbie would notice?

I am not overly technical and the power commander, autotune and dyno gets mixed reviews. Some love it, some hate it.

As for loudness, the speak easy bafftle claims it can reduce sound to 8db. Is that true?

And do shortys burn valves?

Also, does anyone notice backfiring or crackling?

Would love to hear from anyone running voodoo or similar.

Thanks

if you like them loud go for it. i have them on mine and love them. don't expect any power gain though, i've had them on my bike since new. 12k plus mile on them and nothing has happened.:thumbsup:

Sweet

Did you need to do the marble mod?

Do you backfire?

DO you have a pc? If not, have you noticed power loss or fuel usage increase?

Thanks man

i do advise the marble mod, took me less than 10 mins to do. if you don't do this you will hear gargling when you decelerate, which was quite annoying lol after that they are good to go. as far as power loss i noticed none, but i don't drag race mine or do anything hard enough to notice it. i get around 160 to 180 miles per fill up when i am commuting to work during the week, less if i am getting up on her. some people hate how loud they are, but everyone that i have road with say they sound great. even the some of they guys on here i have road with like the sound of them.

I would think you will need a PCIII and maybe a good tune if you want it to run right. If you're worried about burnt valves- have a custom map made specifically for all the mods you have done. Marble, Pair Valve removal, Air box- Basically all the mods for your air intake, oh yeah- almost forgot- your air fliter (K&N, Pipercross, BMC-etc).

There was a dyno comparison between Busa exhausts but I can't find it anywhere. I think Voodoo was toward the middle and low end of the pack. Brock's at the top if I remember right.

I have them and they are LOUD! I haven't noticed any power loss. I just got them to be heard when I'm coming down the road....the bike is fast enough plus I like the look of shorties. As for the backfiring and "gargling" on deceleration....yes it is a bit annoying.

Just remove your cans and midpipe. If you like the way it sounds then get the voodoos.

from my dunce stool via tapatalk

shorties are pretty loud. if thats what you are going fo do it. marble mod is a good idea. dont worry about valves etc. no loss of power. for marble mod take seat off. lift tank look on brqke side of airbox. there is a hose there. remove it stuff a marble in the hose and reclamp the hose back on. all done.

I am running a 4 into 1 yoshi with a shorty on it similar to a voodoo tip and its loud.I did lose a little bottom end but it screams on top and the low end bucking is gone.Why not just take the pairing valves off and put on blockoff plates.Took me like 30 minutes to do it.

Back