Visit to RCC turbo

hosinfefer

Registered
I just got back from Richards with my 08. Just had new tires and a Brock AH full pipe dyno tune. Bike pulled 175hp and 103-5ish tq.No turbo yet but bike feels good. Finally sound matches the performance. Just wanted to post my experience with RCC. Richard came in on a good friday to set me up. AWESOME guy to work with (answered all my stupid question about whether or not I could take my uncles Suzuki m50 with 2 plugs disconnected..hahahha..jk) I am lucky I only live about 1.5hours away. But would drive MUCH further if I had to. Awesome job Richard and Thanks again..:thumbsup:

Congrats, you're putting down some good numbers :beerchug:
Posted via Mobile Device

it feels a lot stronger. Might just be because I missing a bunch of money from my bank account now..lol. The man knows what he is doing thats for sure. He was kind enough to remind me that after the brocks purchase I was 2/3 the price of his stage 1:banghead: I cant get insurance for the bike with a turbo so I will have to hold off until I can pay the 15k/year for the one company that will do it. I never understood why he is out in the middle of now where, until he started the dyno pulls. That was pretty damn loud. I got a vid clip but its to big to upload. You can hear it sing.

Great to hear that you had a great experience with a tuner. Why won't the insurance company insure the bike with a turbo? Here in Arizona they insure the bike and not the performance products that have been put on it. I have looked into it and they would insure the cost of the system under the accessories part of the policy.

it feels a lot stronger. Might just be because I missing a bunch of money from my bank account now..lol. The man knows what he is doing thats for sure. He was kind enough to remind me that after the brocks purchase I was 2/3 the price of his stage 1:banghead: I cant get insurance for the bike with a turbo so I will have to hold off until I can pay the 15k/year for the one company that will do it. I never understood why he is out in the middle of now where, until he started the dyno pulls. That was pretty damn loud. I got a vid clip but its to big to upload. You can hear it sing.
Is the insurance required? No turbo is worth 15k per year

Great to hear that you had a great experience with a tuner. Why won't the insurance company insure the bike with a turbo? Here in Arizona they insure the bike and not the performance products that have been put on it. I have looked into it and they would insure the cost of the system under the accessories part of the policy.

Same here in Texas. My Busa was stolen last week and the accessories part of the policy is going to cover most of my mods. I say most because I had more than was covered, 1500 more. I have $5000 of accessories covered on the policy but if you have more you can raise the amount of coverage, new Busa will have more coverage. Make sure you keep receipts and take pictures of everything, I did and it's going to help with the claim, also any service or state inspection reports to prove actual mileage if it was under what they call "typical mileage".

Well Canada sucks for insur. I am with state farm (which I know some of you turbo guys are using in the US). In canada they can and will walk away from the rider and bike if it is turbo. They will not insur. the bike with no/bore&stroke/turbo. I even told them I dont care about the cost of any add on parts. Just insur. the bike as if it were stock. Still a no go. I would love to turbo anyways but getting in a lawsuit and having to work the next 40 years and hand my money over to some other guy that I hurt in an accident is not worth a turbo to me. As much as I want one. So the quest for legit turbo bike insur. is still on going. I even called the largest custom bike place in Toronto, ON and she said no problem to the custom hayabusa. As soon as I said turbo she started to LOL at me on the phone. Told me I was nuts and had a death wish, followed by "have a nice day". So brocks pipe and tune is all I have for now. Might have to look at a second LSR busa for turbo only and run my 08 for street. Time will tell.

all that money for an extra 35-40hp. Plus from there I got no where to go. If I keep hunting for insur. then turbo will give me much more power and can be upgrade much easier. Might leave it piped for a year and see what I can come up with. I did talk to Richard about a bore\stroke :whistle:

Back