VIRUS ALERT

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Hey all I just wanted to shoot you an email and let you know that I received an email from management@hayabusa.org this morning (a mailbox that does not exist I might add) and it had attached 2 viruses. I tracked it back to a hosting company in Turkey and I have contacted them. If you receive and email from my domain it will either be from captain@hayabusa.org, board@pldi.net or service@hayabusa.org, there is NEVER an attachment so if you receive an email from this domain and it has an attachment delete it unless you are expecting something specifically from me.

Thanks

Doug King
aka CAptain

Thanx for the warning boss... damn terrorist's
guns.gif

Yup, this was id'd by Symantic last week. Here are some details:

What is W32.Beagle.J@mm and how does it affect me?

W32.Beagle.J@mm is a mass-mailing worm that opens a backdoor on TCP port 2745 and uses its own SMTP engine to spread through email. In doing so, it sends the attacker the port on which the backdoor listens, as well as the IP address. It also attempts to spread through file-sharing networks, such as Kazaa and iMesh, by dropping itself into the folders that contain "shar" in their names.

An email potentially containing the worm has the following characteristics:
Wrom: BUZXUWLSZLKBRNVWWCUFPEGAUTFJMVRESKPNKMBIPBARHDMNNSKVFVWRKJVZCMHVIBGDADRZFSQHYUCDDJBLVLMHAA
LPTCXLYRWTQTIPWIGY

management
administration
staff
noreply
support

Attachment: A randomly named .exe file, inside a .zip file, or an .pif file.
The zip file will be password-protected.

This worm is currently undergoing analysis. The record at Security Response will be updated as information becomes available.

Yup I got one from my main email account(not hayabusa.org) with the virus attached last week, they look legit, unlike a lot of other email worms.

Thanks for the look out Capt.

I say we mail them RSD!

Wadda ya think?
I am SOOO there Mikey . I have grown incredibly tired of these fugs that sit around and dream up ways to destroy someones shid from thousands of miles away .

What kind of LOSER does this .

I feel for a guy like Doug who wants to keep "The Org" up an' runnin' smooth . Its one of the mans hobbies[for lack of a better word] an yet somebody want to mess with that . I dont think I'll ever quite understand . How does a person let their life become so empty , that they find happiness or fulfilment in designing some new computer bug .

Stick 200 bucks worth of stamps on the end of my nose,I'll jump in the nearest mailbox , an' give them an' "ATTACHMENT" they wont soon forget . I'll attach my steel-toed work boot to the end of their ass .

Hard to win this type of battle thou......you're fighting an' enemy that has no honour .

they skulk , they sneak , they slither around.....

not sure if I hate them....as much as I feel sorry for them.

Not too worry.....we are a good bunch here....

sleep tight....Cap'n on first watch.....

Hav a virus free one.....RSD.

Thanks for the look out Capt.

I say we mail them RSD!

Wadda ya think?
I am SOOO there Mikey .  I have grown incredibly tired of these fugs that sit around and dream up ways to destroy someones shid from thousands of miles away .

What kind of LOSER does this .

I feel for a guy like Doug who wants to keep "The Org" up an' runnin' smooth . Its one of the mans hobbies[for lack of a better word] an yet somebody want to mess with that . I dont think I'll ever quite understand . How does a person let their life become so empty , that they find happiness or fulfilment in designing some new computer bug .

Stick 200 bucks worth of stamps on the end of my nose,I'll jump in the nearest mailbox , an' give them an' "ATTACHMENT" they wont soon forget .  I'll attach my steel-toed work boot to the end of their ass .

Hard to win this type of battle  thou......you're fighting an' enemy that has no honour .

they skulk , they sneak , they slither around.....

not sure if I hate them....as much as I feel sorry for them.

Not too worry.....we are a good bunch here....

sleep tight....Cap'n on first watch.....

Hav a virus free one.....RSD.
I'm with ya on this one, Rubb! If anyone wants ta put some stamps on me, I'll be there with Rubb....just ta beat da flyin FUGG outta dem bastids!!!

Whaddya say, Rubbah? We gonna do this?

Yeah!!!! Let's hang 'em by they nutsacks, Rubb! We can take truns swingin em around while da bastids are hangin'!!

Back