Virgina Tech "for thought"

(VaBusa @ Apr. 19 2007,09:46) You're still assuming that just because the laws might allow you to carry a weapon that a vast majority will...I disagree...

I still can't envision a bunch of 18 year olds gearing up for their fun college years thinking "got my toothbrush, my laptop, cell phone, oh, don't forget my Glock..."  Sure, there will be those that would opt to carry, but you'll still have a majority going to school for learning, not anticipating that he/she might have to save the lives of fellow students while sitting in an engineering class...

You're almost making it sound like you'd like for it to be in the rules that the professors carry weapons for protection.  Where would that stop?  Only in universities?  High schools?  Elementary?  I see a group of people that signed up for TEACHING kids, not being on standby to shoot to kill if need be.  The peace of mind would be wonderful on many levels, especially given events in recent history of violence in the classroom, however I can't see THAT demographic volunteering to carry a gun to class...
No, the majority wouldnt.

But my family would, and that is all I can worry about. my family and myself.

(thrasherfox @ Apr. 19 2007,13:14)
(VaBusa @ Apr. 19 2007,09:46) You're still assuming that just because the laws might allow you to carry a weapon that a vast majority will...I disagree...

I still can't envision a bunch of 18 year olds gearing up for their fun college years thinking "got my toothbrush, my laptop, cell phone, oh, don't forget my Glock..."  Sure, there will be those that would opt to carry, but you'll still have a majority going to school for learning, not anticipating that he/she might have to save the lives of fellow students while sitting in an engineering class...

You're almost making it sound like you'd like for it to be in the rules that the professors carry weapons for protection.  Where would that stop?  Only in universities?  High schools?  Elementary?  I see a group of people that signed up for TEACHING kids, not being on standby to shoot to kill if need be.  The peace of mind would be wonderful on many levels, especially given events in recent history of violence in the classroom, however I can't see THAT demographic volunteering to carry a gun to class...
No, the majority wouldnt.

But my family would, and that is all I can worry about. my family and myself.
I surely wasn't saying you wouldn't...I was addressing the certain demographic that was murdered this week and the fact that so many think the outcome would have been different had that law been passed...

I don't know that anything would have been different
sad.gif

(thrasherfox @ Apr. 19 2007,12:flamethrowing:) .....................

So to summarize, gun control that takes away the right of law abiding citizens to protect themselves only makes it easier on people who are bent on killing or commiting other crimes to execute their desired plan.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is going around in their own little world with blinders on.
Well said.

This is why the 2nd amendment was written years and years and years ago. Because they knew what would happen( from experience) when those in charge had all the guns.

What is the firearm?
That which equalizes all men.

oh, and
brave.gif

Back