Vin Was Painted Over Need Help

Jessy

Registered
I need help with the vin on my bike it was painted over by the last owner not sure on motor vin
But I'm selling it and need to figure out if
1 it was just a sticker or stamped
2 can they verify by the motor vin?
a>

Just looked and on my bike, the Serial # is just south of the bolt head in the picture you posted.

Might take a wire wheel on a Dremel or a Drill motor and see if you can remove some of the paint
to reveal the stamped numbers in that area.

On my bike there is also a sticker on the left side frame right about where your left knee would be.

Now with that said.
IF your selling the bike - DO you have a TITLE? The numbers should be on there.
Did you not register it? In my State they also put the number on the registration papers.

Everything was clean on title I had it registered just fine but I'm p.a and going to m.d

Might want to check state laws. I have brought two bikes in from out of state and they have never check vin on the bike.

i know Fl check vins before registration. i brought in my bike from hawaii and registered it cali just fine but had to go to the pd to verify vin number. also had to register the bike with suzuki usa just to get recall info ( apparently the bike came with a us vin direct from japan but it did not got to hawaii from suzuki usa...

Everything was clean on title I had it registered just fine but I'm p.a and going to m.d

OK I guess I'm confused.
You have a title and it is registered in PA now, is that right? And I would assume then that you have registration papers for it too?
Are you saying that the title and/or registration DOES NOT have the Vin# on it?
And that's why you need the Vin on the actual bike?

Also IS this a case that YOU own the bike and your selling it to someone in MD?
If you give them a bill of Sale and include the Vin# off the title - shouldn't that be good enough?

I have bought bikes out of State and just took the paperwork (not the bike itself) in to the DMV and never had a problem.

All they want is your money anyways.

Back