Videos going away?

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Hey guys and gals just going over potential changes for the site and everything and was thinking of taking the videos offline. As I surf around the net I see many places where the sole purpose is to provide videos. I noticed that many of you guys have linked to uponone.com and I dont have any problems with that at all. When this site started 3 years ago it was pretty small and has grown and changed with the times. At one point there was not any other dedicated sites out there to just watching videos but things have changed. As technology and broadband become more popular more and more sites for media will be popping up. Right now I have one T-1 dedicated to the vids server and it gets slammed all day every day from all over the world. I think that I can better utilize the bandwidth for other projects on the site. Unless you guys have some great reason why the site should keep the videos they will probably be going offline soon.

Ok now we are open for discussion.

Cap

Sounds OK to me! Maybe just allow Busa videos, those can sometimes be harder to find on the net. Thanks again for the site!
smile.gif

yeah drop the vids and save some bandwidth $ or keep ONLY Busa.

Your right...there are many sources for videos available on the internet so there is no need to have the sight get over loaded with videos. Saving the Bandwith for other projects sounds like a good idea. Thanks for a great site.

Can Em' Captain, Like you said there are alot of places out there whose sole purpose is bike videos.

I vote can em.

I luv the vids but cant watchem now that i am on dial up... hope to change that in Jan though so whatever u need to do, but I do like the vids.
sad.gif

Can 'em, or at least keep the busa ones. I'll be happy either way.

My vote goes for trashing all ofthe videos. Like you said, plenty of other places to find videos, even the busa vids. Clean 'em all out and bring on the new stuff!
wink.gif

I'm with the rest of the guys. Trash the vids.
I would keep the busa ones though.:;):

<!--EDIT|Criss123
Reason for Edit: None given...|1070503713 -->

One question to those who want to keep the busa vids... Why?
rock.gif

All of them came from other sites. They are all available on the other dedicated video sites if you look. Why not clean 'em all out and go to other sites for videos like Captain suggested? I'd rather see whatever new stuff he has planned for the server than to have redundant video posting clogging up the Captain's resources. This site needs a breath of fresh air...

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1070504479 -->

This site needs a breath of fresh air...
[/QUOTE]

Ouch, (Long pause unable to speak because of lack of oxygen) Thanks Bullet you telling me this place is stagnate?

cap

well bullet, some guys might like certain vids, and some might not... this thread is just a chance for Cap to find out what WE ALL think.... we now know you dont want any of them, as for me i dont care, i like some of the vids but can see cleaning it out... everyone is entitled to their opinion on what they think should happen , and i'm sure Captain will listen to all... even my worthless 2 cents......

One question to those who want to keep the busa vids... Why?
rock.gif

All of them came from other sites. They are all available on the other dedicated video sites if you look. Why not clean 'em all out and go to other sites for videos like Captain suggested? I'd rather see whatever new stuff he has planned for the server than to have redundant video posting clogging up the Captain's resources. This site needs a breath of fresh air...
Why keep the busa vids? Cuz it's hayabusa.org. If they're redundantly hosted, then replace them with links to the "official" site(s). Ok, now I've given $.04...

biggrin.gif

This site needs a breath of fresh air...

Ouch, (Long pause unable to speak because of lack of oxygen) Thanks Bullet you telling me this place is stagnate?

cap[/QUOTE]
I didn't exactly mean it the way it might have sounded. I just think change would be a good thing in some areas. As I've said before, the message board is top notch... none better on the net, period. Other than hitting links posted here to specific threads on other forums (Tobin seat thread for example), the only other forum I check at all is the Brock Street Smart board.

However, changes to the rest of this site could bring other areas up to, or at least closer to the level the forums have achieved. I wouldn't call it stagnate or stale, I just think the rest of the site could stand a little revamping. You posted not long ago about some new ideas you had for the site like e-mail accounts, photo hosting, etc... I just think those things would do more for the site than a video page.

It's not a case of what you have being bad. It's a case of having something that's great, but could be even better. That make better sense than the "breath of fresh air" comment?
rock.gif
I guess I could have put a bit more thought into how I worded that.
wink.gif

I've never even looked at the videos on this site...can't seem to pry myself away from the forums!
biggrin.gif

With so many other sites hosting tons of vids, I say save yourself the maintenance, space and bandwidth...can 'em...

Hey captain, perhaps you could just post a link to uponone.com on the movies page since you've mentioned that a lot have already done that in posts? It may seem obvious enough to mention just to go there, but there are always new people coming/joining this awesome board and might not know about uponone.com (myself for one even though I've been here a few months already
wow.gif
)

Back