Video of changing tire on the bird

Pilot road 5 for the trip to Ozarks . Pretty easy . Wanted to mount it on my Apex 6 wheels , but i'm leaving before they come , and my front tire said it was done .

I finally splashed out and bought a tyre machine, I’m doing a few side jobs for guys I ride with and I’m offering my tire services to them.
The lever bar is a piece of junk, guaranteed to take the paint off the rim so I’ve ordered a set of mojo bar nylon end fittings and I’ll make up my own bar. I’ve also ordered the nylon mojo blocks for the rim clamps, so I should be up and running soon.
I also had to make some modifications to the clamps, they barely clamped a 17” rim, right at the end of adjustment, so I cut and welded the hooks to a better position to accomodate up to 19” rims.
I’ve mounted the machine to a barbecue hot plate and I will dyna bolt the hot plate to the concrete floor of the garage, that way I can unbolt the machine if I need to use it elsewhere (mounted on the deck of my trailer for mobile tire fitting away from home) and it only leaves the iron plate on the garage floor.

24BE3D09-ABE8-4797-8B68-9C02EC75AA6C.jpeg

8E19B14C-447A-498A-9035-BD545EEB2DA8.jpeg

Last edited:
very cool, the harbor freight one desnt have that option, I had to make my own with some 5/8 solid rod.

very cool, the harbor freight one desnt have that option, I had to make my own with some 5/8 solid rod.
Hey man, take a look at this tire machine, very compact and such an easy one to use also!
German made but I reckon I can copy that lever and duck head idea to adapt to my machine.
But . . . . I saw this just after I had made the payment to prestondrake.comcast.net for a set of mojoblocks and the mojolever nylon ends (mount/dismount) darrn it! !!!
Oh well, I'll just have to make do with the mojolever idea I guess lol.

Last edited:
Hey man, take a look at this tire machine, very compact and such an easy one to use also!
German made but I reckon I can copy that lever and duck head idea to adapt to my machine.
But . . . . I saw this just after I had mad the payment to prestondrake.comcast.net for a set of mojoblocks and the mojolever nylon ends (mount/dismount) darrn it! !!!
Oh well, I'll just have to make do with the mojoler idea I guess lol.

Ask them to make a video with a NEW tire of X touring brand , and not a track day take off .
I can mount a track day take off with my bare hands . They are worn / soft / pliable compared to a new tire .
Same gimmick No Mar does at shows . use a tire mounted 100 times so its like a rubber band .

Ask them to make a video with a NEW tire of X touring brand , and not a track day take off .
I can mount a track day take off with my bare hands . They are worn / soft / pliable compared to a new tire .
Same gimmick No Mar does at shows . use a tire mounted 100 times so its like a rubber band .
OK, so I've emailed them asking for a video of a NEW stiffer touring type tire being removed and fitted as you suggested Bryan, also asked them if the machine was capable of dealing with stiff carcass tires . . . will let you know if they respond to my email.

• Love
Reactions: c10

I watched some AMA tire techs at Sonoma Raceway when (Mat Mladin and Ben Spies were the hot ticket) remove and remount quite a few tires that had practice laps on them. They weren’t just soft they were floppy soft!

So they emailed me back with this ....

So what do you make of it?
Hard to know what he’s actually saying...
“lighten the tyres to improve the electric performance and not damage the tyre machine “
maybe our friend Berlin Germany may be able to translate lmao!

I see you prying under the edge of the rim to break the bead. Have any trouble with your tire sealing? Maybe it's not imperative to avoid scratches on the inner vertical edge but I know the rest of the bead surface has to be pretty smooth. I have a couple small scratches on mine but no problems with tire leakage.

Now that I've got the tire changing routine down, I've discovered how well a simple piece of milk bottle can protect the rims from tire irons without taking up space required to insert the irons. I don't rely on the bottles to protect the rims from prying but they work well for inserting the irons.

I've been planning to get a Cycle Hill tire changer. I've heard they're not as easy as they look in the videos but you don't seem to be having too many problems getting your tire off and on. With tire tire irons and a little tire changing stand, it's a full days job for me to get the front and rear removed and installed. I am super careful about scratching or bending a rim and it is a horrific job.

I see you prying under the edge of the rim to break the bead. Have any trouble with your tire sealing? Maybe it's not imperative to avoid scratches on the inner vertical edge but I know the rest of the bead surface has to be pretty smooth. I have a couple small scratches on mine but no problems with tire leakage.

Now that I've got the tire changing routine down, I've discovered how well a simple piece of milk bottle can protect the rims from tire irons without taking up space required to insert the irons. I don't rely on the bottles to protect the rims from prying but they work well for inserting the irons.

I've been planning to get a Cycle Hill tire changer. I've heard they're not as easy as they look in the videos but you don't seem to be having too many problems getting your tire off and on. With tire tire irons and a little tire changing stand, it's a full days job for me to get the front and rear removed and installed. I am super careful about scratching or bending a rim and it is a horrific job.
That is the wheel set you bought from me . The motion pro short spoons have very well designed non scratching tips al long has you use them for tires only , and not other uses like ive seen people do .
The bead is broken im just pushing the bead down to spray lube in so the mojo bar has no binding .

I do a lot of harley tires and being on my knees was killing me, stiff carcass, is why I bought the HF changer. I made me a bar with a tire changer head from a machine and it works great but of course im the machine,LOL,. Gotta watch the gimmick videos with the soft tires they make it look easy but I've ran into some sport tires with stiff beads that were a pain to deal with before the HF set up I got now.

@Kiwi Rider

this "max2h" machine "EVO2" i bought a year ago.

i screwed it with 2 bolts dia 8 mm (into its "legs") to my ramp to get it fixed against turning.
that way it works nice.

i put a brand new tire 180/55 on a 5.5 inch rim
a 190/50 to a 6" rim
and a 120/70 to a 3.5" rim
all without any bigger problems.

okay you need some power in your arms, but what shall´s?
I just extended the lever a little, which then made the job very easy .

the machine is made for hand use
and a tire "flying onto a rim", i guess, you never will see. ;)

the only counter argument could be the price.

i payed around 400 € (incl. shiping)
for the all inclusive (starter) package.

for the 15mm bearing of the 3.5" rim i got a second axle for 10 €

so i feel fine with that tool.

edit:
all works happend in the bit colder times - i guess i had around 14-15 °C in my garage
so the warmer the tire is the easier it goes to the rim i think.

Last edited:
So they emailed me back with this ....

So what do you make of it?
Hard to know what he’s actually saying...
“lighten the tyres to improve the electric performance and not damage the tyre machine “
maybe our friend Berlin Germany may be able to translate lmao!

sorry
no clue what they could think when writing this kind of nonsense
and i tried to find similar sounding text at their hompage - but no chance.

okay, sure, it will help if the tire is around 25 °C, but .....
(perhaps they used google translate with no clue of english)

Back