Video: New Honda 7th Gen VFR Tranny! Paddle shifters!

Busaman5000

Donating Member
Registered

Stole this from VFRD.

Looks interesting to say the least. Hope it holds up.

Last edited by a moderator:
kinda takes away from the whole experience to me
but i guess its like an air shifter with the paddle

that completely automatic is no good imo

I rode a Can-Am with a paddle shifter and felt like a duck out of water.
Could not get used to not having a lever to grab (on both sides, no right brake lever either).
I would not want this feature. Just my 2cts.
Bubba

Wow! It only took that 3 years to get what Yamaha did to the 06 FJR1300AE. It looks like they also just re-used the tranny from the DN-Trash-01.

Well from the sound of it they are going to have two different versions. One with and one without.

I'll take the one without. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

If it holds up, it will be the wave of the future. Smoother acceleration and very easy for people to operate in the auto mode. Just twist and go....

My old man had one of the original Hondamatics (400 hawk).
My first bike was the same bike with a 5 speed manual.
Never really felt like I was riding a bike with his (plus it was a pig).

Shifting, clutch, throttle...is all a big part of riding a bike for me.
It's one of the things that seperates us from the cagers (that
two wheels and a set of nads :laugh:).

I've got zero interest in an automatic bike. (interesting concept though, for the
newbs)

My FJR doesn't has an electric clutch. You can still shift by foot, or left-hand paddle shifters. Pretty sweet in heavy traffic, not that I enjoy it but it is a necessary evil around Seattle.

Hmmm.. they failed to show rapid decel. 1 biggy on a bike is how fast you can slow the puppy down, not just how smooth it is.

I'm sure it would be natural from the perspective of someone who had never ridden before, but they'd never be able to ride a bike with a clutch and foot shifter!

I'm sure it would be natural from the perspective of someone who had never ridden before, but they'd never be able to ride a bike with a clutch and foot shifter!

I was just thinking exactly that, if this had been available when my wife started riding there would be one in my garage. I did feel like the the Position changes with shifting was a bit staged in that How the rider handles the clutch makes a huge difference. I don't think I would buy the first generation of this but if it survives production to a second year I can see myself having something like it. I kind of wonder how long before it shows up on the Goldwing?

Back