Video at the track last night

Ludicrous Speed

Registered
Been working on getting the Multi stage worked out. Very little track time combined with a smoked clutch earlier in the season has had me chasing my tail. Bike is 65.5", stock 2000 engine with a sidewinder. I think it still needs a little more static, but I am finally getting close!

Testing the Hayabusa at I 57 - YouTube

It has around 15k miles, and never had the plugs changed!

It has a small box mod, and the pipe. The clutch is why the RPM is so high when it leaves.

Nothing to do with the tire smoking eh :laugh:

Watched it again, maybe that was exhaust

Best I got was a 1.51 60, and a 6.25 et in the eighth mile. Around 116mph

Keep in mind I am close to 300lbs in my gear. I have gotten the bike to go a 6.09 before at another track with the stock style clutch.

I don't care what it runs, that bike is BEAUTIFUL!

Thanks for the compliment! I built it from a wreck and painted it myself in my polebarn, lol. You should see it in the sun!

Nice pass bro!:thumbsup:

A couple of local guys who run the Summit Series out here say the clutch and suspension(2 steps,12-18" arms,etc.,etc.,etc.)setup are the most important things,one has a stock motored Gen I that consistently runs 9.20's and the other a 1397(he swears that's all it is anyway:whistle:)that runs 8.30's-8.40's.

9.20 Gen I
Fontana7-19-2014ChrisampNoonan006_zps1c82699a.jpg

8.30-8.40 1397
View attachment 1565090

AWSOME !! I only just got my Busa and do not plan to drag race it but that vid did get me wondering what it would feel like if I could find a track or air strip that I could use and find out what it would do!!

I see no reason why a stock engined bike couldn't run 9.20's. Stretch one like that and you can whip ass on the first 330.

My bike is only 65.5", so it is still short by a lot of standards

Yea, 9.20's are do-able on a stock engine bike. I've been 9.20's at 60" and 8.80's at 63.5" on a few different Gen-2's. A Gen-1 would probably be a couple tenths slower in both cases.

The DA at our local track is usually 3500'-4500' during the summer and the jockey(blue T-shirt/white hair)has to be right at 200 lbs.,didn't know a 9.20 was doable on a stock motor Gen I at that wt./DA 'til I saw him run.

We are at 3500 pretty often during the summer as well (3518 this afternoon). The bigger thing though is the humidity. With dry, hot air at 3500 I will go quicker than cooler, wet air at 3500. I thought DA was supposed to take this into account, but the guys with the weather stations who take this seriously (class racers) monitor the grains of water in the air and take that into the calculation of what they will run, not just DA.

One of my friends has a hand held portable weather station with every kind of info. plus you can put 2 or 3 runs in it and will tell you what times you should run the rest of the day depending on conditions at that time(or something to that effect,first time I ever saw one was a month ago:laugh:).Pretty cool little gizmo,and they run mostly bracket racing at that track so I imagine it's somewhat useful.Having the last Summit Series(9 & 10)there(Fontana)this weekend so will go spectate.

Sorry to intrude on your thread so much Ludicrous,guess I got a little carried away.:laugh:

Back