Victory vs Harley videos.......I had no idea.

Victory builds a real nice bike.They are big into innovation and haveing the Ness's involved helps as well.My buddy just bought a new cross country and its a sweet ride.Not my taste in bikes, but its nice.Right now HD is just a status you buy into and I will never buy into it.

I like the Victory bikes but feel some of the materials & fit and finish on certain parts feel cheap.
Could be just me.

If all of that is true, Harley's needs a serious engine over haul. But I don't like Harely's anyways, if I would get a cruiser a Harley would never be a choice.

Victory is why all HD's come with a 103ci standard now. The 103 is a nice stock engine. Simple and reliable.

Every time Harley tries to make changes, the Harley croud revolts. The v-rod engine was supposed to be the next generation Harley engine when it came out. They want tradition in every new bike.

Some people had there way we would still be horse and wagon!!!

I look at tech as a good thing............... I like the looks of some of Victory's bikes......... I have both a cruiser (Non HD) and the Busa and the thing i like is being able to pick which one get's the attention today. They are 2 very different bikes and the fun is jumping off one and on to the other.:thumbsup: I am saving right now for a dedicated track bike for 2012.......

I agree that HD is lagging behind in technology but that is part of the mystique of the brand. They have remained relatively the same for all these years. I still wouldn't buy one but their marketing is 2nd to none.

via Tapatalk

HD seems to always to have held to the business model of letting someone else do the research and development. Then integrate into your product line. I owned an 01 Victory for 6 years. In O1 in came stock with stainless brake lines, Brembo Calipers and at a time when the stock HD was 88 CI a 92 CI engine. While I like Victory better than HD the Aftermarket is no where near as deep.

:
Every time Harley tries to make changes, the Harley croud revolts. The v-rod engine was supposed to be the next generation Harley engine when it came out. They want tradition in every new bike.

YUP
Harley Davidson Commercial - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
I had no idea they were that much different. Maybe a Victory is due in the stable when I feel the need to buy a cruiser.

The elephant in the room is that none of those bikes qualifies as a true "interceptor". Almost any inline 4 motorcycle with a weight in the 500-600 lb area will smoke either bike. The BMW police cruiser will crush all of them. Why can't either company make a real bike that will perform like even a 600?

I posted this on the VTX forum and titled it "judge for yourself......Victory

It brought name calling and total ignorance out on the first post.....this could get fun :laugh:

I had no idea they were that much different. Maybe a Victory is due in the stable when I feel the need to buy a cruiser.

We sell a ton of Victory's here at Honda East. Victory was doing demo rides, where they brought us 2 brand new Victory's and 2 brand new competing HD's with the opportunity to ride all 4 bikes back to back for comparison. Needless to say, there wasn't much comparison at all. The Victory was hands down a better ride in every category.

The last time I looked, Harley were moving around 250,000 bikes a year compared to Victory's less than 5,000.

When it comes to these bikes, really it has nothing to do with technology, quality, or what is better and what is worse. It is all about who knows how to market and sell. Polaris may not survive these economic times, as the Power Sports industry is taking a real knock and I believe Polaris turns South of $400 million a year. Therein lies the problem.

The thing is that the average Joe out on the street has no idea of the difference in technology advancement in a Moto GP bike and a street cruiser, they buy what is marketed best and no-one beats Harley marketing. That is why they have close to 50% of the US market, with the closest Japanese competitor counting street bikes being Kawasaki around 14%.

I have ridden a Harley b4 and all I can say is JUNK! they brake like chit, handle like chit and have virtually no acceleration or aero dynamics.

they are popular because of tradition and image. half the guys dont know any better and the other half want to project that bad-boy biker type image (lol) with their bandanna, chaps, no gloves, no helmet or any other protective gear.

HD's are NOT a reliable vehicles either. I would be afraid to go long distance in a HD fearing it would leave me stranded in the middle of nowhere. not to mention that annoying exhaust would make me want to drive it off a cliff.

ive seen the Victory up close and its light years ahead of HD in every way. never riden a Victory but from my friends who have they say there is just no comparing a Victory to a HD. but then again, ive seen some pretty badass HD's all tricked out and as long as ur a mile or two from cruise night ur fine. otherwise no thanx.

and I dont think it has anything to do with advertising or lack of that makes then more popular over the Victory. its all about that biker image of a HD and little else. I mean chit, if u wanna be a Hells Angel or an Outlaw or any other 1%er ur required to ride a HD. if thats what u like then so be it. two each his own I guess.

I have ridden a Harley b4 and all I can say is JUNK! they brake like chit, handle like chit and have virtually no acceleration or aero dynamics.

they are popular because of tradition and image. half the guys dont know any better and the other half want to project that bad-boy biker type image (lol) with their bandanna, chaps, no gloves, no helmet or any other protective gear.

HD's are NOT a reliable vehicles either. I would be afraid to go long distance in a HD fearing it would leave me stranded in the middle of nowhere. not to mention that annoying exhaust would make me want to drive it off a cliff.

ive seen the Victory up close and its light years ahead of HD in every way. never riden a Victory but from my friends who have they say there is just no comparing a Victory to a HD. but then again, ive seen some pretty badass HD's all tricked out and as long as ur a mile or two from cruise night ur fine. otherwise no thanx.

and I dont think it has anything to do with advertising or lack of that makes then more popular over the Victory. its all about that biker image of a HD and little else. I mean chit, if u wanna be a Hells Angel or an Outlaw or any other 1%er ur required to ride a HD. if thats what u like then so be it. two each his own I guess.

Diiferent folks, different strokes. August last year, CycleWorld would disagree with you.

Cycle World

Back