Victim of Hit N' Run

Definately press charges, make sure it goes on his record.  He may get off easy this time, but if he has a record next time should get harder on him  Isn't hit&run a felony??  Should be mandatory jail time, no matter how little the damage!!  
mad.gif

Just curious, were you lane splitting or just cruising with traffic in your own lane?

Glad you kept it upright!

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121701927 -->

First off the insurance company wants to wait for YOUR benefit. A hit and run will go on your record as a bad risk in the future. Depending on your policy it may be a comprehensive claim, HOWEVER it will still look bad.

Second IF you can ID the car and driver, tell the officer you definitely feared for your life. This should up the charges to assault with a weapon or attempted murder. Additional charges will help the other party try to stay to your good side in hopes of a peaceful settlement. Do what you can to throw the book at this jerk. He may live to kill the next biker if you don't and next time it could even be you!

Someone here should be able to run your tag number for you. That will allow you to find an address for the driver. It'd be nice to get some fresh photos of the damage to their car before it disappears. Be sure to incorporate their license plate number into atleast 2 of the photos of the overall car(make sure you can read the plate). Take very detailed pictures of the damage.

First off the insurance company wants to wait for YOUR benefit. A hit and run will go on your record as a bad risk in the future. Depending on your policy it may be a comprehensive claim, HOWEVER it will still look bad.

Second IF you can ID the car and driver, tell the officer you definitely feared for your life. This should up the charges to assault with a weapon or attempted murder. Additional charges will help the other party try to stay to your good side in hopes of a peaceful settlement. Do what you can to throw the book at this jerk. He may live to kill the next biker if you don't and next time it could even be you!

Someone here should be able to run your tag number for you. That will allow you to find an address for the driver. It'd be nice to get some fresh photos of the damage to their car before it disappears. Be sure to incorporate their license plate number into atleast 2 of the photos of the overall car(make sure you can read the plate). Take very detailed pictures of the damage.
don't know about Pennsylvania, but in Cali, victims of hit n' run aren't cited as being at fault. I was hit n' ran on while I was in my cage about 4 years back. Toll truck driver saw the guy take off after pulling over. DMV and insurance cited it as "no fault" on my part.

As far as running the plates: Only insurance companies and law offices can do it now in CA, since that's actress, Rebecca something, was killed by some pychopath /stalker that ran her plates claiming he was in a accident with her.

And yes, I can id the car, 3LCL663 CA plates, white camry, rounder ass model, probably a pre 1998 model (since Toyota went to a squarer ass in 1999), gold lettering for the Toyota and Camery part in the back.

Doubt that idiot is smart enough to get his scratches on his passenger side repaired decently. Even if he does, it would be a fresh coat of paint and a good body shop expert can tell if a fresh coat of paint was RECENTLY applied on a car. If not, then there's always the chemical labs that the insurance will have to pay for and get reimbursed later for it.

Knock on wood, but I believe since my id on the car is that certain (CHP cop at the station where I filed already comfirmed that the plate number I gave him IS registered to a Camery), this guy is pretty much out of room.

His only recourse is to file a counter claim against me. But the logic will punch holes in his story if it did. #1 Why would I, being more vulnerable on a bike take the risk to hit him? #2. He can claim I hit and ran on him, but if that is the case, how did I get his plates and the detailed description on his car? For me to do so would mean I would have to be behind him at some point (like when I let him take off on me after it was clear he had no intention of pulling over), and IF he had the intention of pulling over, and I was behind him, wouldn't it be easier for him to force me to pull over since traffic was moderately congested? Nope, he got in front of me because I let him, and he used it as a escape. Well, too bad for him my memory isn't that bad.

Definately press charges, make sure it goes on his record.  He may get off easy this time, but if he has a record next time should get harder on him  Isn't hit&run a felony??  Should be mandatory jail time, no matter how little the damage!!  
mad.gif

Just curious, were you lane splitting or just cruising with traffic in your own lane?

Glad you kept it upright!
was up until about I was close to the 110 interchange. Cool dude in a white, older pickup in the far right opened up for me and slowed down to let me in front of him to just start cruising in the right lane. The idiot more than likely saw the opening and went for it without looked to see me thinking he can cut in front of that older white pickup to get on that right lane to interchange into the 110.

By the way, that's a good point. I'll call the insurance adjuster tomorrow and see if it is a felony. If it is, I'm going to call back to that CHP station that I filed in, and see if I can press formal charges. That IS just wrong, knowing you hit a biker and not stopping. In fact, I'm luckier than hell I didn't go down, I know if I did, not only would he not have stopped, he probably would've ran over me while making his get away.

Glad that you are okay and were aware enough to take the defensive. Unfortunately here in Phila, PA the hit and run driver only gets some tickets and some points, expensive but that is it.
sad.gif

Back