Vicious PitBull Attacking my Child..... Pics!!!!

SSGT_B

Registered
Just kidding. This is about a rescue and to thwart all the evil rumors about pit bulls

We just rescued this beautiful blue pit from a very bad situation. He was starving, living in a mud hole and from what we are told by several neighbors of the area, beaten regularly with a pvc pipe. Animal control was called, left notice and arrived a few days later 5 min after I got there. I told them he was going to a good home and they could leave. The AC guy told me he was glad as they were just going to put him down. All this guy wants is to be loved. He is AMAZING with kids and people. Loves to ride in the truck and get a bath in the shower. Our only problem is that he has separation anxiety when away from me to the point we cant leave him alone. He go's EVERYWHERE with us until we can get a indestructible dog crate and curb his anxiety. Well here is Optimus, the mean vicuos baby who thinks hes 10 lbs and a lap dog.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
You know the sad part about these guys is:

The insurance industry has now factored them in as high risk and charge the homeowner up the wazooo if they own one IF they will even insure you.

Which is too bad as a pitbull was to this day still one of the best dogs our family ever had.

Its how they are raised and the intent of the homeowner that is more the problem IMHO. Yes these are powerful dogs that seem to have a knack for turning on a person, but discipline and training go a long way to avoid that.

Looks almost identical to mine..... Even has the white in chest & the front paws. That's crazy!! :laugh:

My pits the same way always has to be near me.

Its how they are raised and the intent of the homeowner that is more the problem IMHO. Yes these are powerful dogs that seem to have a knack for turning on a person, but discipline and training go a long way to avoid that.[/QUOTE]

+1 the dog just gets the blame 4 bad owner glad see the dog posted got great home.

You got papers for him? He's definitely Razor edge/ Gotti bloodline. He looks too damn similar to mine not to be and I've got papers/certification on mine

You got papers for him? He's definitely Razor edge/ Gotti bloodline. He looks too damn similar to mine not to be and I've got papers/certification on mine

No papers for him. Not sure how I would get any as he is a rescue.

Here's a few pics of mine, he's going on 3 and his name is Capo

That is a beautiful dog!!

Do you have any separation anxiety with him? We got a wire kennel for ours the first night he was here. We had to go to a previous engagement so we left him kenneled. Got home and all was good. Second day when we kenneled him, i made it out the room when the crying/howling started. Down the stairs when the banging crash started and before i got back up there he was coming down the stairs. He wont leave my side.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah he doesn't like to be away from me. Whatever room I'm in he usually wants to be up under me. He's real clingy with my girl but that's cause she treats him like a baby :laugh: if I leave out the he will usually sit right bye the door and wait till I come back. We crated him early on as a puppy and would give him treats for going in so he's used to being in there. We have it set up in the back laundry room so he usually is good about not barking or crying unless he hears you out there then he lets you know he wants out.

I hate people who mistreat animals so I'm glad he has a good home now.:thumbsup:

My brother saw a guy beating a Alsation in the street and went and punched the guy in the face.

there are no azzhole dogs..... just azzhole owners. same goes for most kids who grow up these day too.....:whistle:

I had a pit about 10 yrs ago and he was very gentle and sweet. in fact, everyone I know who has a pit has a great one. but, they are responsible pet owners.

the problem with pits in general is they tend to have large litters and therefore many go unplaced or to ****ty homes as a result and of course every douchebag in the ghetto has to have one so they can be kool and leave it outside wen its -10 out and they wonder why their so mean smh.

Awww, glad you took him in!!! He's well loved...

He reminds me of a pitbull we took in. I couldn't keep him, but he did get a loving home from one of our members here and I still see updates from that guy on Facebook every blue moon, so I know Luke is doing well...

My boys still miss him. He truly changed my opinion of the breed.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/random-thoughts/118491-foster-mom-breed-i-never-thought-id-help.html

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/random-thoughts/118940-lucas-luke-new-pics.html

Well I am a crazy dog lover. If I could I would take them all in. But animals are animals and you never really know what will snap them into instinct mode. So I say always be careful for the sake of your children and the dog. I don't let kids play with our dogs without me or another adult in the room. Sometimes a kid will twist an ear or worse and the dog will protect themselves. There was a pit bull next door to us who was the sweetest thing in the world. They got him as a really small puppy. I played with it almost every day. One day we were running back and forth at the fence and when I was ready to go in I through a treat to her (as I always do). She missed it and turned and took a nice chunk out of her owner's hand. Not sure why, guess she thought the owner was going for the treat. Before that she had never done anything like that and she seemed fine after that. They kept her for awhile but ended up giving her to a family with a farm.

Part of being a good owner is to keep the dog out of trouble. With the protection breeds that means being very careful.

We had a St. Bernard growing up; his name was Caesar (that's my Busa's name). He was a stray, 225 lbs (yep, you read that right), and he was abused by most that saw a huge dog coming anywhere near them with sticks and broom handles. Right up until the day we had to put Caesar down, when you went to pet him, his eyes would flutter shut in fear as if he was going to be hit, and that's after many many years of being very well loved as our dog. We took him in and he became a huge part of our family, but he also became very, very protective of us. He bit a neighbor's child that came home with me after school as soon as she walked in our yard.

It's not just pitbulls, and it's not always in how they are raised. We certainly never raised Caesar to be a mean dog. He was a loving hunk of a beast, but he was also very protective of the one family that finally did love him. From that moment on, we knew that we needed to be very careful when strangers came over and he didn't bite anyone again.

There was this monster dog at the beach last week. Very friendly and good with strangers. This little pug came up on a leach with it's owner and it was barking and raising hell. well it got too close to the big dog and the big dog reached out with it's paw and pinned the little guy to the sidewalk. The little dog squirmmed for a bit and then just laid there totally still. Once she did that the big dog just let her up and the little dog walked away without a peep kind of looking over it's shooulder. Everyone got a huge kick out of that. The big dog just said "I'm really not in the mood right now and I need you to shut up buddy, am I making this clear?"

Good on you for finding him a decent home.
Well done.

Pretty sure they are not legal here,
If they are not banned then I know you can't register them in some areas
and an unregistered dog is illegal, so same thing.

Too many numb-nuts here who think an aggressive dog is a macho status symbol
and the dog gets the bad end of the deal.

I know to a couple but they are registered as Staffy / Boxer / Bulldog crosses to get
around the law.

I like them, but a Blue Heeler / Cattle Dog is better suited to the heat out here.

ACD / Australian Cattle Dog / Blue Heeler

Early settlers dogs couldn't cope with the distances and the heat in Australia so
Thomas Hall bought some English working cattle dogs over and crossed them with
the native Dingo's. The result is a breed that's smart and tough and suits the climate.

They actually have a reputation for biting! Used originally to muster cattle the fact that
they nipped and bit was in their favour. Something they haven't entirely lost over time.

Mine. Lenny (AKA, Mr Stinky)

image.jpg
http://postimage.org/

Not sure if it ever made it to the US but there's a movie out called "Red Dog"
Hard to believe but it's based around the true story of The Pilbara Wanderer.
A funny and wonderful story that's a must for any dog lover.

Back