Vibration

nzmarty

Registered
Hi there - new bus owner (02 model), upgraded from a very nice TL1000S. i have 2 questions.

1 - there is a vibration at about 4600rpm in all gears (145k in top) - feels like an exhaust pressure-type vibration through the pegs and bars - goes away at 5500-5700rpm. bike is stock except for remus pipes (FI has been re-mapped). any ideas? i can't find a search function here anywhere.
2 - will the RS3 yoshis from the TL fit the bus? they are 4 stud (bus is 3) but it is no problem to make an adapter plate and they look slightly smaller pipe size (say 40 vs 50mm), or should i just stick with the remus.
thanks.

Most seen to have a harmonic at around 4 and a half, dont worry about it too much.
Interesting you should mention the exhaust theory, no one else ever has. It caught my attention because I was just thinking the other day that mine seems smoother in that area since the turbo went on.
I'll check again in the morning when I go for a zap with some friends.

I'd suggest using cans made up for the Busa, adaptors and flange plates often look a bit average.

Cheers
Ross

<!--EDIT|Rosco
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131104380 -->

Congrats and welcome. Some Busas have that vibration others don't. How many miles on the bike? IMO you should stick to exhausts made for a Busa, but probably not a problem making an adapter plate for it. Post up pics!

thanks for those guys - been off for a few days as i cut the end off my finger and it's been a bit hard to type!

here's a pic from my first ride with my son on the back - great coffee in the middle of nowhere, with tyre-edge scrubbing corners all over the place!

it's done 17000KMS, one owner, and is very tidy. it's very different to the TL - probably 40km/h quicker everywhere, doesn't have the yoshi thump though. i LOVE it!!!

<!--EDIT|nzmarty
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131423929 -->

DSCF2295.JPG

Someone has to say it, "If you'd stop putting your finger up there that wouldn't happen"
smile.gif

Sorry to hear about it. RE: the search function, scrolll alllllllll the way to the top; to the immediately left of the American Flag banner is a search button with a red/blue/green thing going on. Click it.

Good luck on the healing process

found the search thingy, thanks. had the contrast right down and couldn't see it very well before - was overpowered by the red/yel/blu flashes.

did the finger through a v-belt. didn't feel a thing.

Have an 05' with roughly 5k on it and I have the 4600 - 4900 rpm vibration , told alot of them do it sooooooooooooo I try to keep it over 5000rpm
cool.gif

thanks for all your replies - i was a bit worried that i was going to have to pull something to bits! speaking of that - took the fairings off yesterday to fit airhorns. eeehhhh - no room!

still the coolest bike though - have to find a bmw electric horn or similar to retro fit

I have an 06 busa stock, less than 1,000 miles with a vibration at 4,500 rpm in all gears. Did you find anything??

Welcome to the board. One more vote for It's normal but for some reason my finger hurts now. Man that looks painful

Back