Vibration not between 4500-5500 but above

gex

Registered
Hi, for the last 8 years i have rode a 1992 GSX 1100 and last year i purchased a 2005 750, that bike was an excellent one but the torque was not there so i sold it early this year and went back on my 92 1100,,,,after some visit to the guy who tune my bike and several drag bike,,,,he told me couple of times that instead of putting money on my GSX 1992,,,, i would be better to purchase a Busa, it was a good idea until he informed me that he wanted to sell his 2003 Busa, I knew there was some magic touch on that bike because that guy(50 years old) is very meticulous and professional and possesses a dyno,,,he does not talk a lot but lots of guy who ask him to tune their bike got great result……so I decided 2 weeks ago to purchase the 13000 km Busa which look like new but my mistake was to purchased it without trying it,,,,I had lots of trust in the owner and he always told me that a Busa run very well…..

After I went back home with the bike, I contacted him to tell him that I noticed a strange vibration,,,,,and he told me that it was normal,,,,,so I did lots of search and learnt that between 4500 to 5500 rpm there is a vibration,,,,,I took the bike to verify that and yes,,,,at 143 km per hour, I notice a vibration similar to what I had with my old GSX 1100,,,I have no problem with that,,,but the vibration I have which start at speed of 180 or 6000 rpm is more like a tire unbalanced so, I took both wheel to the dealer and ask them to verify them,,,,there was a big unbalanced on the rear wheel,,,,I put back the wheels on the bike,,,it help a little bit for little vibration under 140 km per hour

At the dealer, there is a seller who owns a 2004 Busa and I ask him if we could exchange our bike for a road test…..and I noticed almost the same vibration on his bike starting at 6000 rpm or 180 km per hours and still there if we continue to increase speed,,,,,,the mirror and windshield are shaking all the time until we decrease the speed under 180!!!

If I downshift in gear 5 with my bike, the problem is still there at 180 and the fact that the problem is there on the other bike,,,sincerely, I am confused

I am used of vibration on my old 1992 GSX 1100,,,is that normal that Busa shake a lot more or is it possible that both Busa had the same problem? could it be a problem with a tire?

Please, do you have an idea of the problem or is it normal,,,I love the bike but disappointed of the vibration above 6000 rpm or 180 km per hour…

Thank you very much

The only vibration I have starts at about 85 mph or so, and continues to about 95 mph. It's more like a minor buzz than an actual vibration...doesn't bother me at all..it actually helps... I know when I feel it begin to buzz that I'm at about 85 or so...

This vibration, or buzz, is very typical to the Busa. If yours is noticably more prominent...I'd have a professional check it out...

I don't have problem too with the vibration you mention but other Busa owner told me it is normal that bike vibe at more than 6000 rpm...

Tough to take the decision to spend money on something which can be normal!!!

Thanks for your reply

I know there is a dampner on the crankshaft and I can't help but wonder if they are different for certain year models. I do know that some people remove them so the engine will rev quicker but in my opinion it's little gain vs. risk. Vibration can tear some stuff up and rob performance.

coman bizz at 4500-5000. if ya have aftermarket bar ends the buzz is worse.

Back