Vibration above 4600rpm?

justin726

Registered
Well, I've had my 40th edition for right at two weeks now and have been working on the break in. Just over the weekend (Fri. and Sat.) I put on 600 miles going from 450 to 1050 miles. Riding all this time, and as I go more mile put on, I noticed that right at about 4600rpms a definate vibration starts in the motor. Under this point, the motor is as smooth as you can imagine, but right around this 4600rpm mark a vibration suddenly shows up. It's doesn't seem like it is a very bad vibe, but just more of an annoying buzz.

I was just curious to see if ther is anything machanical inside that might kick in right at that point. Or is this just a normal part of the Busa. I didn't notice this right at first because I was really taking it easy and hardly spent any time above 4600rpm.

Am I just being overly cautious or is it something that I should have my dealer check on when I stop in there this week?

Afraid so, it is normal. But it is a very narrow band in the RPM range. So it is easy to cruise at a different speed or in a different gear to avoid it. It lets me know when I am breaking 90 MPH on the free way and to slow down a bit.

Back