Vht nightshade on Windscreen

Bigdawg76

Registered
Ive searched the .org for this and a lil surprised I couldn't find much on it. I wanted to know if anyone has successfully applied Vht nightshade to there windscreen.If so did u apply it on the underside or on top. How did it look, pics would be nice. Thanks for any help
Posted via Mobile Device

i've never heard of it

Spray paint used to give head/tail/corner lenses a SMOKED look (cheaper option vs buying smoked lenses outright)

vht_nite_shade_taillight_tint.jpg

Never thought about it, but I think I still have some in the garage. If I can find an old screen I'll give it a shot and let you know. ??? My thoughts would be on the inside would be the best. Also are you just looking to get the tinted look? Or would you still want to see thru it?

I used it on my windshield and never could get a uniform look. I then spray painted the windshield and it was uniform but BLACK. I could not see through it at all (duh). I then bought a dark smoke shield... bit I can't really see through that either.

What ever way you go, spray the inside. Also, a flat black will look like gloss if sprayed on the inside.
Posted via Mobile Device

Never thought about it, but I think I still have some in the garage. If I can find an old screen I'll give it a shot and let you know. ??? My thoughts would be on the inside would be the best. Also are you just looking to get the tinted look? Or would you still want to see thru it?

That would be great. I dont really care about being able to see through it. Because of my size I cant see through it anyway...lol
Posted via Mobile Device

I used it on my windshield and never could get a uniform look. I then spray painted the windshield and it was uniform but BLACK. I could not see through it at all (duh). I then bought a dark smoke shield... bit I can't really see through that either.

What ever way you go, spray the inside. Also, a flat black will look like gloss if sprayed on the inside.
Posted via Mobile Device

As far as the uniform look. Not questioning your skills but do u think that played a part in it or is it in general with the nightshades. I only ask because I have some experience painting. Also with the flat black paint. Will any brand work as long as its for plastic and did it look glossy like the rest of the bike? Do u have any pics
Posted via Mobile Device

That would be great. I dont really care about being able to see through it. Because of my size I cant see through it anyway...lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Then don't waste your money on the Nightshades. Just use regular old Krylon black paint. I did mine. Turned out fine.. Spray the inside for sure though.. Clean it well beforehand.
:beerchug:

Night shades has a red hue when light passes through. Don't be a cheap ass, just buy a windscreen.

Why is painting the stock screen being a cheap ass?
If you just want a black screen there is no reason to buy a new one that doesn't fit as well as the stock one.

Night shades has a red hue when light passes through. Don't be a cheap ass, just buy a windscreen.

paying $75 for something I could have done myself for the price of paint is not being cheap. Just being smart and resourceful with what I have. Maybe u should not be an ass
Posted via Mobile Device

paying $75 for something I could have done myself for the price of paint is not being cheap. Just being smart and resourceful with what I have. Maybe u should not be an ass
Posted via Mobile Device

Just spray the inside and you should be fine. Light coats until you get like you want it. I have never done it, but my brother in law uses the stuff all the time.

As far as the uniform look. Not questioning your skills but do u think that played a part in it or is it in general with the nightshades. I only ask because I have some experience painting. Also with the flat black paint. Will any brand work as long as its for plastic and did it look glossy like the rest of the bike? Do u have any pics
Posted via Mobile Device

I actually consider my self to be a spray painting aficionado :whistle:

I have painted allot with spray paint... even the bike:laugh: I just think that paint is more of a gimmick than anything else.

here is the windshield painted with flat black krylon the white specs are just dust/dirt. I would go this route if you dont plan on seeing through it.

flat black.jpg

painted back.jpg

painted screen.jpg

I like the red lip there. Good job!

That looks way better than "cheaping out" and buying one! :laugh:

I actually consider my self to be a spray painting aficionado :whistle:

I have painted allot with spray paint... even the bike:laugh: I just think that paint is more of a gimmick than anything else.

here is the windshield painted with flat black krylon the white specs are just dust/dirt. I would go this route if you dont plan on seeing through it.

That looks Great, nice job. Unless somebody shows me a pic of their vht painted screen and it looks better than yours im doing what up did. Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device

I like the red lip there. Good job!

That looks way better than "cheaping out" and buying one! :laugh:

but wait theres more!

I did cheap out, I got a used one off criagslist for $25. After I put the bike back together, the screen rubed on the brake reservoir. I kinda think that when the paint dried it sucked in the edges?? the "new" one doesnt rub.

I still like to use my painted one, the red matches the my red wheels.

Here's a pic of mine painted with Krylon.
screen2.JPG

screen1.JPG

I did the same to my old Gsxr1000 as well. Looked great.

Drive3.jpg

I tried to paint my screen with night shades once. Didn't turn out so well. Thee were fish eyes and streaks all over the place. Similar happened when in tried to smoke my tail lights and turn signals, never had good luck with that stuff. Even with buffing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Wow, im so convinced. My bike is the same model and color as yours and I like how yours looks. Thanks guys, I love this site! After u painted it with the krylon flat black, did u clear it afterwards
Posted via Mobile Device

Wow, im so convinced. My bike is the same model and color as yours and I like how yours looks. Thanks guys, I love this site! After u painted it with the krylon flat black, did u clear it afterwards
Posted via Mobile Device

If that was directed toward me, no. No clear. Also, to be fair, I used semi-gloss black, but flat black will look just as good from the outside. :beerchug:

Back