VFR1200 revealed

zukracer

I'm somewhere but dont know where
Donating Member
Registered
VFR1200 revealed
Honda is to launch a 1200cc V5-engined replacement for the Blackbird. It will be packed full of anti-crash electronics and be capable of cracking 200mph.
Factory insiders say it will be on sale in 2006 and be blessed with the most powerful engine a road bike has ever used - making around 190bhp.
The bike - named the VFR1200 - will feature traction control and the latest development of Honda's combined braking alongside ABS.
Read the full story and see more pictures in the August 18 issue of MCN.

It will be a great bike if they follow through with it. Doubt if it will see light in that form, but would be nice to see.

Maybe I'm a snob, or a purist, but the thought of linked braking just strikes me as being lame. Almost as lame as making an automatic bike.

Like NE said, doubtful they'll do it, but if they do, it will be a cool thing to see.

Since no manufacturer is making bikes that do over 200 mph stock, this "report" sounds suspicious. 2006...give me a break. I don't think these guys would give so much detail of their plans this far in advance...and they sure wouldn't have finalized the name yet.

I guess we will see.

While I do enjoy the VFR series very much so,

I must say it does sound a bit shady myself.  As mentioned a release in 2006 does seem a bit far away to know so much.  I would love to see it, but still it would be no where near as sexy as the Busa!!
muscle.gif

Just a post from a  
newbie.gif
riding a Honda(I know, I know)
dlrumbl

<!--EDIT|dlrumbl
Reason for Edit: None given...|1092781480 -->

That's supposed to be the new XXX Blackbird. I've heard rumors that it was supposed to come out in 2003. NOOOOTT! I must admit that it does have a pretty nice look to it, but with all the bells and whistles Honda is supposedly adding, this thing needs four wheels instead of two. I also noticed that they removed the signal lights from the mirrors. That was one of, if not the only, thing I liked about the Blackbird. Oh yeah, and I cast my vote in the "Integrated Braking System SUCKS" category...
biggrin.gif

Back