Very random - military coins

MC MUSTANG

Peace Keeper or Ban Hammer-it's up to you; IDMBT#9
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
I have had a couple of conversations with people recently about military coins, many times refered to as "Challenge Coins". I have collected these for about the last 12 years...
There are different types of coins, some unit, some service - but the really cool ones are presentation coins that individuals pass out as recognition ...
I have about 300 different unit coins, but here is the "Cream of the Crop" so to speak...

DSC04914.JPG

Just wondering if anyone else collects these?

I have a small collection but nothing to compare to yours. I am hoping to add a secret service coin from a friend of mine with the secret service as my best coin but looking at your set looks like you already have far and beyond that. I would love to know the story and who you recieved some of those coins from. Once again great collection!!

Have a collection too, but not that big! I recently added a few to it, though!
wink.gif

Very nice, I have only two. CIA Black Ops and this isn't Cullinary Institute of America (Cajun Cooking) and one from my current employer with the Air Force 53 WEG. Next time they offer the WEG coing I'll get a second if you want it.

Very nice, I have only two.  CIA Black Ops and this isn't Cullinary Institute of America (Cajun Cooking) and one from my current employer with the Air Force 53 WEG.  Next time they offer the WEG coing I'll get a second if you want it.
Sure - never turn one away!

I don't really collect em' but I have a stack from here and there. Just as you go from unit to unit, AOR, Command, or whatever.

Hell I even have a Booz|Allen|Hamilton coin that I designed.

Sweet coins MC

i collect them to but i dont have anywhere near that many... nice collection you have going there!

Hey MC

I will look around I may have bought two this year if I did I'll get your info and send it to ya.

I have one from CJCS, that is only the really good one that I have.

MC, do you have one of those?

Don

MC, Very Impressive coin collection. I went back and dug out a few I received from my Army days...  Ok.. I found a few medals too.. LOL

<center>
P8230002.jpg

</center>

I have a buncha coins my best friend left at my place....he's got a case of them, weighs like 200lbs.... so LOTS of coins. He's got some pretty slick ones though, including a few from the President, VP, Sec. of Army and some other fairly rare ones. He's just made SGM so he'll be making a new coin for himself, however he also has his own FSG coin. They are pretty cool to see some of them, some are very unique, others are pretty much a dime/dozen
cool.gif

I have a buncha coins my best friend left at my place....he's got a case of them, weighs like 200lbs.... so LOTS of coins.  He's got some pretty slick ones though, including a few from the President, VP, Sec. of Army and some other fairly rare ones.  He's just made SGM so he'll be making a new coin for himself, however he also has his own FSG coin.  They are pretty cool to see some of them, some are very unique, others are pretty much a dime/dozen
cool.gif
I had one from President Clinton, it was one of three coins that have been stolen from me over time... The other two have been replaced, but not the one from the President --- those are pretty much as rare as they come!

Nice. I have a couple from my friends at Hurlburt: a 16 AMXS AC-130 Spectre gunship and a 4th Maint Unit Ghost Riders, as well as a couple from a girl I know at NASA: STS 103 Discovery return to space and a rare STS 107 Columbia, God rest their souls...

Hey MC

I found my duplicate 53 WEG coin. Send me your info and I will ship it out to ya.

Back