Very new owner, in fact......

Lazerblade

Protector of Freedom
Donating Member
Registered
I have not received my bike yet but wanted to say hi.  Today I ordered the 40th Anniversary edition orange Hayabusa.  I hope I like the color when it arrives.  The first time I rode a Hayabusa (three days ago) I fell in love with it.  I also own a HD Road King that I love. The Suzuki is so different and exciting.  

I just wanted to say hello.

I am not a rich person but the HD is paid for. So since I am debt free, I figured, what the hell.

I hope I like the Orange.

Paul

Welcome to the board lazerblade.
The orange is totally awesome in my opinion.
As a matter of fact, I just may paint mine a similar color.

Thanks Monster. I have no idea when it will come. The dealership says from tomorrow to next month. I could have paid $1000 less today and taken a silver one home but I liked what I saw in the photo of the Orange one.

Wish me luck.

Paul

Welcome to our gang! I rented a roadking a couple summers ago and really liked it but fell asleep at the handle bars a couple times...
tounge.gif
nah jus kiddin. But I wish I could afford that as a 2nd bike very comfy but I did keep over reving it. I really wanna see one of those Orange busies up close -Congrats!

Welcome...who will be the first member to own and post a picture of their limited edition orange.

For me, I would of saved the $1,000 and considered a custom paint job.

Welcome to the Board.

It's always great to here another person Joining the Hayabusa family.

jump9.gif

<span style='color:darkblue'>Lazerblade,

While I'm glad you'll be getting a Busa, I feel somewhat bad that you opted for a color that's at least 10mph slower than the silver/gray.
laugh.gif

This is a friggin' awesome forum. Welcome aboard slowpoke!

--Juggler</span>

fireskull.gif
Ahh good, another Harley rider who is not afraid to expand his horizons and venture into the world of speed. I have been on Harleys for years and the Busa is my 4th sportbike. It is a trip to be able to switch between the two. Welcome, and take your time when you start riding the orange beast.

I have to thank you all for the warm welcome and I can see that this forum will be a wonderful place to get help and information.

Thanks,

Paul

Thanks Monster.  I have no idea when it will come.  The dealership says from tomorrow to next month.  I could have paid $1000 less today and taken a silver one home but I liked what I saw in the photo of the Orange one.

Wish me luck.

Paul
I really hate to do this. Lazerblade, you lost out...not ONCE, but TWICE. Being that you're new to the Busa, you didn't realize that you turned down an opportunity to own the "FASTEST" of the Busas (the silver/grey) and keep $1000 for other goodies. Don't let anyone else try to fool you, but I hope the extra grand is well spent
sad.gif
wow.gif
sarcasm.gif
oops.gif
oh.gif
confused.gif

Bacharles,

Yea, maybe I could have spent the $1000 on other stuff and been riding a grey or a black one now. I have thought about it but the wait won't be that long. I will be gone next week in Germany returning (hopefully) to my new bike just waiting to be ridden.

Suzuki says the Orange Hayabusa has Graphite/Teflon paint developed by the US Air Force that actually forces the bike to go about 10% faster than the Grey/Black one. I cannot confirm this though until I see it.

And, I am still getting a new bike.

Paul

Lazerblade
 Don't listen, Stand your ground.  The 03 LE Rocks, Color is cool.   Besides I am pretty sure they first applied the Graphite/Teflon paint you are refering to on the 02 SE with a different tint base, sort of a Marketing Sample.  I have been trying to convince folks that this makes the Editions faster.  It's also nice not to be "stuck" on a "Generic" Silver/Blue...Silver/Black" Busa...
wow.gif

Don't forget to mention the special radar absorbant properties of the paint.  
thumbs-up.gif

Besides, all the chrome you could have bought with 1K would just trap heat, increase weight, double cleaning times, etc. Anyway, if you want chrome get a Harley, you want to ride, get a busa.
sly.gif

OK I have to RUN and Hide now because <span style='color:royalblue'>Bacharles</span>
pissed.gif
 is going to start throwing things in a minute...
pissed.gif
Besides Sounds like he is...probably not in the best of moods today...
pissed.gif

Have they given you a firm delivery date? Don't forget to get your hump...

pissed.gif

pissed.gif

Back