VERY BAD LUCK day....

scooterlord

Registered
well, here in greece, there was this event; bikes from all over the country meet in one place and 'have fun'. i went in such an event last year and had a really really great time (although it was 400km away).

so me and 3 friends of mine decided to go there and have fun. My baby, one more busa, a cbr 600 rr and a vfr 800. all but one had the license plates off cause we wanted to top our bikes.

anyway, we start the ride.. we were completely out of pace. i was going too fast along with the cbr rr the other two were really slow. the slow guy on the busa misses a turn so we have to catch up with him. anyway, when we meet we stop to make a better plan for the ride.

first sign of bad luck: the other busa guy drops the bike accidentaly (left it with neutral in a slope).
sad.gif
some major scratches there, i couldn't make him feel any better.. he acted probably in the way i would if this happened. (VERY BAD)

we reach the event. nothing can be seen from the outside so we pay 30 euros EACH (thats 150euros for 5 ppl-i had my girlfriend along), we go in and theres absolutely NOTHING going on. and i mean NOTHING. so we pay, enter, stay for 10 mins and leave :/

we say to go and eat something in a town nearby. we are told that it's 12km away but it turns out to be 76km (!)

we can't find anywhere to sit and eat cause the place is crammed with people. we eat fast food and as soon as we finish, 20 empty tables in restaurants appear. :/

bad luck 2: we decide to take the way home and this damn storm appears. we ride 100km in a storm with the two guys running VERY slow - 50-80kph while i could go at 200kph+.
so i decide to wait for the slowest of the pack and the 2 guys at the front take a different direction, so the group splits. me while thinking they are a lot ahead, i top my bike to reach them (in the meantime one of the 2 guys that that were split from us is MY friend and has no idea about athens where we are returning to)...

as i am riding i can't see the busa guy behind me. i am sick of waiting so i ride home and call them to see what happened (i was going FAST and NO license plate). when i call them here is what i find out:

a) busa guy took a ticket for speeding (120 in a 80 road)-33euros
b) cbr 600rr guy took a ticker for license plate-33 euros
c) my friend is lost and has no idea of athens!!

how my friend got lost. as he was going along with the rr, there is this red stop light and the vfr can't make it to stop in time while the rr stops. some cops go in front of the rr and stops him because he had no license plate. the guy with the vfr that had just left with a red light and no license plate shitted on his pants and left in small roads (while having no idea about where he's going) so that he doesn't get caught.
his cell phone out of battery but luckily he remembered my girlfriends house so i picked him up from there :/

worst bad luck of the freaking day: when i get home i see this HUGE pit on my front mask of a rock that hit it. my busa is a blue-silver and the silver color did the damn ugly mark. i had got a tamiya model of my haya, so i got the silver paint, tried to make it look better but had no luck. i am so pissed writing all this... grrrrr
sad.gif

don't some days suck?

any way i can 'patch' this mark in front of the mask? help.. any techniques, pens i can buy online, anything?
sad.gif

sad.gif

sad.gif

That sounds like a terrible day! Flat out terrible! Unfortunately they happen, but that doesn't make us feel better when it does! I guess the only consolation is that everyone made it back safely! The damage can be fixed.

You were ridin 200kph plus in the rain with yer girlfriend....did I read that right???
Sounds like a seriously shitty day, but if you were goin that fast with yer girl in the rain, yer lucky it wasn't worse!!!!
Again....not sure if that's how it reads or not.....maybe she met ya there!!

hmm...no what i meant was that i could have been going at 200kph in the rain (but didn't)....this time...

...cause with the same girlfriend i have done 250kph for quite a big distance during hard rain with my previous cbr 600 f4. i had no fear of rain with the 600 - i had absolute control over it in rain and my gf trusts my skills, so its fine with her.

with the hayabusa its a bit more difficult in the rain because of its power but the tip i can give you is:

ride with a lower gear and high rpms in the rain. just imagine the bike reving from 2000 in 6th gear to 7000....damn...ugly

any help with the touch up guys? :/

uhm.. phatjoe or anyone else, can you help me out on this one? i went to this color-rite site (had seen it before when i was looking for my previous bike) but although they say they send to greece, there's no shipping method available. would anyone be so kind to make the buy for me from the us and send it over to greece? i'll pay it's price, shipping (via paypal or whatever you want) plus some extra money for the time you spend doing it. i'd be really greatful. really.. help out a fellow rider...

Back