ventura sport rack, anybody got one with pics??

hemi

Registered
still on the quest for some decent lookin luggage, any of u guys runnin the ventura sport rack/sport pack combo with some pics? Don't need a ginormous bag like i see a lot of users with the ventura systems.

Ventura rack with RJays bag, this bag doubles it's height when unzipped and the bags on the side do the same, it also has a waterproof cover that comes out from under the bag and folds over it.

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

Hemi - some Ventura Rack shots for you.

Bag options are here:
Bike-Pack System, Ventura Motorcycle Accessories | motorcycle luggage, motorcycle bags, motorcycle rack, motorcycle saddlebags, tank bag, seat bag, headlight covers, motorcycle accessories, motorcycle touring| Pashnit Moto

busa-saga1.jpg

ChattanoogaBusa1.jpg

jasper1.jpg

mrx_1.jpg

poppy1.jpg

busa-saga1.jpg

ChattanoogaBusa1.jpg

jasper1.jpg

mrx_1.jpg

poppy1.jpg

will any of these racks/rails that bolt to the tail of the bike work with the hump on. I have the hump mod done so it fits with the grab bar on. Also, should be no interference with corbin backrest, right?

will any of these racks/rails that bolt to the tail of the bike work with the hump on. I have the hump mod done so it fits with the grab bar on. Also, should be no interference with corbin backrest, right?

The Ventura rack is not compatible with the hump, and I don't think the "hump mod" will make it fit. You could probably cut on the hump some more and make it work, but I wouldn't. When riding solo, you're supposed to have the Ventura bag facing so it rests on the passenger seat. That's done for weight distribution purposes. If you follow that rule, you couldn't ride with the hump anyway.

yes, you can bolt on the rails with the hump on. I have the hump mod done too. I dont like removing the rails too much so i can roll with the hump on if i feel like it.
As mentioned, "When riding solo, you're supposed to have the Ventura bag facing so it rests on the passenger seat. That's done for weight distribution purposes".

yes, you can bolt on the rails with the hump on. I have the hump mod done too. I dont like removing the rails too much so i can roll with the hump on if i feel like it.
As mentioned, "When riding solo, you're supposed to have the Ventura bag facing so it rests on the passenger seat. That's done for weight distribution purposes".

How's that? Which Gen are you talking about?

i cut the hump some more too to make it work.

View attachment 215720

Yeah, that's what I meant. My point was that the hump would have to be cut even more than doing the "hump mod" for the grab rail alone. I'm not sure what the Gen I looks like under the hump, but here's the Gen II. I loosely attached the grab rail over the Ventura to show the difference in where each of them comes out from under the seat or hump.

I'm not saying it can't be made to fit, just that there isn't much point to it if you're going to carry the bag as it's meant to be.

IMG_2984.jpg

IMG_2987.jpg

Yeah, that's what I meant. My point was that the hump would have to be cut even more than doing the "hump mod" for the grab rail alone. I'm not sure what the Gen I looks like under the hump, but here's the Gen II. I loosely attached the grab rail over the Ventura to show the difference in where each of them comes out from under the seat or hump.

I'm not saying it can't be made to fit, just that there isn't much point to it if you're going to carry the bag as it's meant to be.

You need to install the metal retainers in the front two bolts. :beerchug:

In my case, I'd just rather remove the Ventura bracket before putting the hump on. It only takes a minute or so to remove or install it.

You need to install the metal retainers in the front two bolts. :beerchug:

I only had the grab rail bolted down loosely in the rear. Just enough to hold it in place for a picture. Those front bolts were only holding the Ventura on. The grab rail and Ventura are never actually installed together. But thanks for lookin' out, James. :beerchug:

I only had the grab rail bolted down loosely in the rear. Just enough to hold it in place for a picture. Those front bolts were only holding the Ventura on. The grab rail and Ventura are never actually installed together. But thanks for lookin' out, James. :beerchug:

Sorry bro, didnt want anyone bending your bolts. My bad brother.

Just a few shots from the Man Trip... I can't imagine what it would have been like with out the Ventura packs.....

Steve... Bro I miss ya.... When I was looking through pics all those great memories came right back to me.... What a great time....

cap

8-0.jpg

11-4.jpg

11-9.jpg

13-6.jpg

16-2.jpg

8-0.jpg

11-4.jpg

11-9.jpg

13-6.jpg

16-2.jpg

That's what I'm talking about, Cap! One of these days... :thumbsup:

That's what I'm talking about, Cap! One of these days... :thumbsup:

We covered it all, plains to mountains, glaciers to ocean, giant trees to desert.... 18 days of just pure fun..... I just can't tell you guys how much fun that was... We did it two years in a row and it just kept getting better...

Back