ventura luggage system

Paulmc

Registered
Hi I was wondering if the guys who have this system leave the brackets on all the time or if they only put them on for trips. I have a set of soft bags and was looking for input on these setups. Any help or input would be great and pics would help.

Mine has been on the bike for over 10,000 miles now. I typically run with just one bag because I almost always carry a DSLR camera and tripod. I don't take it off, but it would only take a couple of minutes if you wanted to. What sort of information are you looking for?

Busa Showing ZG.jpg

IMG_4934.jpg

Depends on what riding I am doing.. If I am riding to work I leave it on so I can put my laptop in it. If I am going for a day ride with Uncle Steve then I take it off.

i generally always take mine off unless i actually have the bags on the bike and am in the middle of a trip...i like the look of the bike with the hump in place...it only comes off to put the Ventura rack or a girl on the back :thumbsup:

Hi thanks for the pics and info. I was actually wondering where you got the best price or if a sponsor had them also. Chattanooga busa do you put anything behind your saddlebags when you run them to prevent rubbing of the paint?

I bought mine directly from Ventura's website. I had a slight fitment issue with one of the L-brackets when the kit first arrived, but I called there office in Washington and they overnighted a replacement set to me. Great customer service!

Those are Cortech Sport Saddlebags. They come with neoprene pads on the back that stick against the bike so they don't slip around and rub on it. I haven't seen any effects at all from having them installed.

Back for a good sissy bar?

Is the Ventura good for a sissy bar? No! They are very clear about this in the instructions. However, I have seen one modified to do the job. LA Busa attached some extra braces to his and it seems to work well. As far as I know, BlondeOnaBusa hasn't fallen off yet!

Maybe she can post a pic up here?

Heres my little bag ,i can sqeeze my laptop and some tools into it but definitly will be purchasing a set of soft saddle bags for her

DSC00134.jpg

Is the Ventura good for a sissy bar? No! They are very clear about this in the instructions. However, I have seen one modified to do the job. LA Busa attached some extra braces to his and it seems to work well. As far as I know, BlondeOnaBusa hasn't fallen off yet!

Maybe she can post a pic up here?

LOL, you crack me up. :laugh:

We had a guy weld the system all together and place 2 bars for extra support. Haven't had any problems with it nor have I ever fell off....lol.

These are the best two pics I could find of the welded bars.

bracket.jpg

bracket1.jpg

Back