Ventura Luggage/Rack

Doc_Busa

Donating Member
Registered
Looks like a slick system for those long trips (i.e. Laguna Seca), has anyone here tried or heard about these?

Thanks

http://www.cycleventure.com/fitment...._id=109

su017_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I own what Ventura calls their "bike pack system." It works real well and has been worth the money. My only complaints would be about its ability to shed water, but they have a rain cover. I haven't tried or seen it. Buy it. The bag is very large capacity, and you can fit all kinds of stuff into it. Also, Ventura won't endorse it, but you can sort of use the bag holder as a backrest. They say the hardware won't hold up to the weight, which is probably true if you apply a real load to it, but if you're using it only for support, it works fine. Just make sure the little screws on the hardware are real tight. Good luck.

$300? I got a better idea, go to walmart, buy a $15 backpack, stuff it with everything you need, and let your wife carry it! Muhahahahahhaa

Mike

Hey Doc when I rode to Fla from NC I simply got a gym bag, wrapped a plastice garbage bag aroung it, sat it on the backseat and bungeed it to the bike's tied downs... 1300+ miles with no problems... and no mounting hardware issues.

I have this system with the large bag, and I love it. I will say, it is severly over priced for what it is, just bent tubing with mounting points welded on. However, it carries a ton of stuff without screwing up the paint, and is easy to mount/remove. overall
thumbs-up.gif
, a good purchase. E

I have this system with the large bag, and I love it.  I will say, it is severly over priced for what it is, just bent tubing with mounting points welded on.  However, it carries a ton of stuff without screwing up the paint, and is easy to mount/remove.  overall  
thumbs-up.gif
, a good purchase.  E
Cool. I ordered mine today and was sad to hear of a 3-4 week backorder!!!! I hope I have it in time for Laguna Seca....

Chow.

Doc, it's been a while since I have been on the board but I wanted you to look up a product. Please try rocketlocker.com to look at the product that Leslie Alderman makes. I have one of the first tank lockers that he ever made. My radar detector is hidden it.(tank bag never touches the tank but is suspended above it) After looking at the rocket locker system, tell me what you think! Thanks, Todd.

The Rocket Locker looks great, but I dismayed that they have no returned two emails I sent them asking what the largest capacity bad they carry actually holds... So, I ordered the Ventura. It holds a TON. I HATE tank bags, no reason, I just do. So, I will let you guys know when the Ventura system arrives... I will be the guy at Laguna with the kitchen sink.

Back