Velocity swing arm on the street?

The McIntosh arms are nice, but on the other side of it if i can build my own WAY cheaper and tailor it to exactly what i want and if i have to change something down the road i'm not hacking into a 1k dollar arm. That and since i have the skills and tooling to do one i'd much rather tell someone that asks oh thats MY arm :laugh:

Honestly the welding on mine will look better than whats on the factory stuff to begin with :whistle: My plan is to do it to where it looks and performs as a "manafactured" arm and not a modified arm, wont look patched up by any means, heres some of my resume :laugh:(and cause i'm a picture w****)

alum.jpg

32611005.jpg

32611008.jpg

overflow006.jpg

overflow010.jpg

Biggest problem i'm seeing is i'm such a hard critic when it comes to welding and metal work, especially my own that if i spend the money for someone elses i'm never gonna be 100% satisfied with it :whistle:

oh great welding master please come teach me how to tig lol

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/77464-my-busa.html <------Clink Link :thumbsup:Gixx1300R use to make the weld-in and bolt-on extensions you could PM him here and see if he still does.
Looked at a TON of pictures of his stuff the past few hours, and he has a pm lol

oh great welding master please come teach me how to tig lol

I gotta mess with dirty steel mig and aluminum mig at work all day long, tig in the garage is just heavenly relaxation:laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Looked at a TON of pictures of his stuff the past few hours, and he has a pm lol

I gotta mess with dirty steel mig and aluminum mig at work all day long, tig in the garage is just heavenly relaxation:laugh:

lets just say i can stick things together but thats about as far as that goes its definitely not pretty... this is about what i can do lol btw where it zigs to the left i was filling a hole in....
2012-03-13_23-37-58_550.jpg

lets just say i can stick things together but thats about as far as that goes its definitely not pretty... this is about what i can do lol btw where it zigs to the left i was filling a hole in....
2012-03-13_23-37-58_550.jpg

Well get to practicing, looks way better than fastfrogs work :laugh:

BigBadDodge said:
Yea the more research i'm doing the more im starting to lean towards a mac or tme arm

You won't be disappointed with either of those arms. I know first hand terry does a great job and has awesome customer service. He helped me out a ton on my swingarm because i was in a time crunch when I had ordered it and he came through with flying colors. I've had the arm for a year now and haven't had any problems what so ever out of it.

Back