Velocity Stacks

Kildore

Registered
I have read into some of the discussions on them, but other than trading low end for high end rpm hp/tq.. How do you all feel about them? Looking to do some supporting mods to stay all motor, but may in the future put on a 30 shot or so. Let me know what you think about the velocity stacks and perhaps other mods to do in the future in the correct order. I currently have Full Yoshy TRC exhaust, K&N race filter, and PCV. Thank you in advance.

Long or Short stacks?

I have 4 long to which gave me more power on the low/mid end

If your going to drag race go with all shorts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drag race on the weekends when i can get to the track. Shorts then.. any other mods to look into. Also, what brand of shorts do you suggest?

just buy you some gixxer1000 stacks from bikebandit or something. i think mine were maybe 3 or 4 bucks a piece. I can't remember where I bought mine from but i do remember i didnt' pay hardly anything for them. To be honest I'm not even sure what the big difference is other than this person says this and that person says that. I have yet to ever see any testing results or evidence of the actual difference it makes. I heard it would help on the top end so i put some on before going to the Texas Mile... again, word of mouth, for the $ thought I would give it a shot in my quest for 200.

200 is the magic number i am looking for. It's worth a shot. Will see what i can come up with. Costly part is having it retuned and dyno'd. Wander .. while im at it.. to compare my current K&N Race vs. the BMC Race.

Put that BMC or K&N up to your air conditioner vent on your truck, then put your hand up to it, ok, now remove the filter... I have a good feeling that cost me some mph when I was shooting for 200. Filter HAS to be used where I live in the middle of cottonfields regardless, but for racing down south, shouldn't have ever used one. I would agree with JC on that

The short stacks do help for the mile. My brother has the same mods done as I do except I was stretched 8 over and had short stacks. We ran the same map and same gas. I ran 2 mph faster in the mile than he did this past march.

The stock filter flows better than either the k&n or BMC. I plan on switching back the next time I lift the tank. At the track I have a stock filter that just has the metal mesh left in it that I use so I still get protection from large pieces of debris.

Cool.. thats a good comparrison.

I lost a little bit of horsepower because of the stretch also. If I were running stock wheelbase as he was I should have been in the mid 190s at least.

Back