Velocity Stack upgrade?

NC-BusaMan08

Registered
I have a 08 Busa that I am slowly modifying. I plan to keep her mostly stock:rofl: but 2 mods I am definitely plan to do are stacks/filter. Has anyone done the stack upgrade yet? Is it as easy as the manufacturer says that it is? I have already done some minor tinkering around with my Busa so I am familiar with the basics to the project but anyone who has completed this job and has the pics would greatly assist me in my journey:please:

Got-Busa?

Donating Member
Registered
It's a very easy mod. If you know how to remove and install your airbox you can do it. :thumbsup:

Click my sig for info... :beerchug:

Rumble Ripper

Registered
Does this mod do anything for HP or acceleration (even just seat of the pants)?
Also how does it actually work to help performance?

Thanks in advance.

Got-Busa?

Donating Member
Registered
For a street bike it probably wouldn't be worth your time. Based on the testing I've done, it moves the power band up just a hair in the rev range so it will hold peak power to red line with a good exhaust like Brock's. Depending on your setup or riding style you might see a few MPH in the 1/4-mile and 1-mile racing.

This is with the cheap GSXR1K stacks; I don't recommend the high dollar aftermarket aluminum stacks since they've shown to loose power on a basic bolt-on bike. With a big bore you might get a lot more but not on a stock engine from what I've seen.

Every bike/setup is different so all you can do is try them and let us know how your testing goes... ;)

Latest Bikes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Weston Goldberg