Velocity Racing Stage 1 Turbo Kit

TurboR

Registered
Well,
I looked around, and I didn't see very many pictures of this kit posted. There is a lot of information but not very many pictures. I guess this can stay here for future reference, and if there are any requests for other pics. I can help out while I'm installing future mods.

DSCN0997.jpg

DSCN0996.jpg

DSCN0995.jpg

DSCN0994.jpg

DSCN0993.jpg

DSCN0992.jpg

DSCN0991.jpg

DSCN0990.jpg

DSCN0989.jpg

DSCN0988.jpg

While you're at it, you should put tie downs on that plenum so it doesn't blow off and put a dent in the bottom of that nice gas tank!:rulez:

While you're at it, you should put tie downs on that plenum so it doesn't blow off and put a dent in the bottom of that nice gas tank!:rulez:

I purchased it this way. I had no clue there were supposed to be tie downs. Can these be purchased seperately?

I purchased it this way. I had no clue there were supposed to be tie downs. Can these be purchased seperately?

The easiest way would be to pull the plenum, drill and tap two holes on each side (usually 6mm x 1.0) and go to Home Depot and get some thin aluminum stock . . . put two on each side that are long enough to go down to the inside of the frame; on the front two, go to the brackets that hold the rubber grommets for the fairing panels; on the rear two, you will see the bolts inside the frame where they can go. Have fun!:cheerleader:

here is couple pics from how McCoy's Motorsport done for me in Pikeville, Ky. Its tobefast.com and Jerry the owner is the man and very helpful. IF you send them the plenum its prob bout an hour to weld it on the plenum so bout 75 bucks. Then the cost of the bov but believe me you need to have one.

DSC00225.jpg

DSC00224.jpg
[/IMG]

Thank you for the pics man.. I may just end up doing this, but I don't know when. I don't wanna miss out on any riding time. LOL

I am about to fit this kit onto my 08. Where would you suggest fitting a Tial 50mm BOV? will it be tight for space under the tank with that fitted?

Thanks

I am about to fit this kit onto my 08. Where would you suggest fitting a Tial 50mm BOV? will it be tight for space under the tank with that fitted?

Thanks
The HKS has a louder sound to it, the Tial is more of a flutter sound. Depends on taste I guess. I liked hearing the high pitched hiss of the HKS so I opted for that. It's a tight fit but there's nothing wrong with that, it fits and that's what matters. Everything in automotive today is a tight fit - it's all about optimizing space. Just think of it that way. :laugh:

The HKS has a louder sound to it, the Tial is more of a flutter sound. Depends on taste I guess. I liked hearing the high pitched hiss of the HKS so I opted for that. It's a tight fit but there's nothing wrong with that, it fits and that's what matters. Everything in automotive today is a tight fit - it's all about optimizing space. Just think of it that way. :laugh:

I see that you guys are using the his ssqv, is that the model number or is the a specific size that I need? Thanks.

I see that you guys are using the his ssqv, is that the model number or is the a specific size that I need? Thanks.

I have the hks. I love the sound of it but wish it was a lil louder than what it is. Just make sure when you install it or whoever does make sure the snap ring is all the way in the groove cause when I got mine back and got into the throttle it came off

Back