Velocity or rcc turbo problems

WOOSAB

Registered
I'm looking to purchase a stage 1 turbo for my bike and have got it down to 2 choices. I see post about these 2 all over but have yet to see a significant advantage from 1 product to the other. I have also yet to see any complaints. Specifics on these why you choose 1 over the other is any problems also..
Thanks in advance

I just read a post where Richard gave a guy a 1 year warranty on a turbo that was sold to him as new but was used and def out of warranty. To me that shows he believes in the quality of his work and stands behind it. As a small business owner that's means something to me. No need to respond I will be call rcc to order mine tomorrow...

I'll bump this not an expert never had a turbo anything. Richard at RCC makes a tremendous kit that bolts right up :poke:

POWERHOUSE sells RCC, Hahn, Velocity and Mr. Turbo. We have been building, tuning and selling turbo kits since 1977. RCC is our top-selling brand, for good reason. Not only the best quality and the best guarantee, but if you order RCC, you will get your kit normally within three weeks - to your door. The last Velocity kit I ordered was promised in three weeks, but took three months to arrive. I find that unacceptable on many levels. Velocity was taken over by RPM, and they are still working out quality and delivery issues. We have sold RCC for ten years - Richard's kits are always top notch, and arrive when promised.:laugh:

going wide open throttle at 180mph plus for an extended time on a stage 1 stock motor is a fast ticking time bomb. high compression+boost(without direct injection)= FAIL

What manufacturer might that be? Sounds like someone doesn't have a clue . . .:poke:

Bit unfair that. If you get any stage 1 kit on a standard compression motor & hold it full throttle down a German autobahn for 20 minutes you can kiss goodbye to your pistons at 6 or 7 psi boost. Its a matter of simple science with excessive heat built in the chambers runnning unleaded petrol on stock injectors. The fact most stage 1's boost creep beyond that because they either use internal gates or their external gate tube fabrication is ****; means they have even less chance. Some kits dont even supply the ability for a safe air fuel ratio due to their bad fuel regulator & pump combo's.
The fact a supplier or tuner has said dont do X or Y means there is a limit with the tune of whatever kit it is. There is a limit with every kit on unmodified motors, to pretend otherwise is unwise. There are enough people out there with broken wallets n motors without adding to it.

Bit unfair that. If you get any stage 1 kit on a standard compression motor & hold it full throttle down a German autobahn for 20 minutes you can kiss goodbye to your pistons at 6 or 7 psi boost. Its a matter of simple science with excessive heat built in the chambers runnning unleaded petrol on stock injectors. The fact most stage 1's boost creep beyond that because they either use internal gates or their external gate tube fabrication is ****; means they have even less chance. Some kits dont even supply the ability for a safe air fuel ratio due to their bad fuel regulator & pump combo's.
The fact a supplier or tuner has said dont do X or Y means there is a limit with the tune of whatever kit it is. There is a limit with every kit on unmodified motors, to pretend otherwise is unwise. There are enough people out there with broken wallets n motors without adding to it.

I changed eight pistons and cylinder block and I have destroyed the pockets!

Spoke to Richard this morning he was full of information and took his time and explained things to me. He explained what all the extra parts were for and why i needed them and exactly what they were for. I ended up getting the turbo, rods and pistons. He said I should receive it here in dallas in the next 2-3weeks

What is unfair is the fact that either the turbo supplier, builder and/or tuner did not talk to this customer prior to the build to determine what he planned on doing with the bike. . . sending something out the door that you know is going to blow up is bad business.

The manufacturer informed me my turbo kit that does not support high speeds, melts in a minute

I guess it depends if he told him this before or after...:whistle:

Richard at RCC is a good guy, but then so is Terry Kizer & Bill Hahn Junior & so was Barry etc. if the bike was in their own workshop or in a competent installers then failure rates would be almost zero no matter the kit choice.
I saved a customer on a Superstreet bike a 3rd head gasket this weekend by simply relocating his map sensor away from his regulator rectifier. I had never seen this bike or directly sold our kit . DIY installs, naive tuners & bad Internet advise its all there....

Half the battle is educating the customer.

going wide open throttle at 180mph plus for an extended time on a stage 1 stock motor is a fast ticking time bomb. high compression+boost(without direct injection)= FAIL

The tuner told this to you before, not after even though he didn't sell you the kit right.

Back