VEGAS RUN: 2004

Here's Doc and me at the track.
I gotta do this again!

Doc_and_Me_at_the_Line_2.jpg

its gettin closer, I getting ready, I cant wait, beer, bikes, drag stips, slot stips, what more could a guy ask for??

(dont answer that)

I will probably go, but if I don't have company riding down, then I will throw the Busa in the back of the truck.

Doc, Whats the schedule of events? When is everyone arriving? Choo gotta a plan? - Choo gotaah have a plan!

Is there a web site for MC madness?

Is there a specific hotel that Busa riders might be staying at??

Would be good to try to get everyone at the same place. Preferable downstairs rooms.
wink.gif

good lord Im ready for the ride, I starting to get stir crazy with out riding with a group. I come time, lets get this show on the road. I ready to be in vegas

Well, I figured we'd kick off Thursday night with some brews and bike talk. Friday, well, I figured that would be a good day to ride Lake Mead, Valley of Fire area. Saturday, probably Red Rock Canyon and Death Valley area. Sunday, whatever.

I know, we need definite plans, so what are you guys looking for? Of course, night time group fun is easy.

SADLY, there is a water conference in Vegas on Thursday and Friday. I am supposed to give a speach at 2:30pm on Friday. This REALLY stinks.!>!>!>! I may get one of my employees to give it, but still I am in a jam. Worse case, I send you guys on your own with a map and probably some of our local riders can escourt you to the fun areas.

So, what do you folks want to do? Any requests?

As far as where to stay, I highly recommend the Fiesta in Henderson. We can arrange to have the valet guys watch the bikes. I have parked mine there hundreds of times and not one problem. Less touristy then the strip. Of course, some of you may want to stay right on the strip, if so, just look it up on the net and find the price range you want, tons of choices.

Any specific needs, just PM me.

See y'all soon.

Oh yeah, for information on the track (drag strip), check www.lvms.com

Also, there MAY be a track day (twisty road course) in Pahrump that weekend... I will find out.

go big E go!!! would love to see you in Vegas man!!!!

Hay Doc, can we plan the lake mead thing for when Im there, I want to see that lake up close so bad I can almost taste the fish.

Can someone PM me with all the info about hotels and stuff... i am looking for a safe place for the busa

Doc howz about making a list of everyones mobile phone #'s so we can hook up as we trickle in?  I'm sending ya mine via pm. It's the same as last summer on Thinkers list.

Also as for drag racing, do the track officials require full leathers? Boots? Dead man Kill switch?
rock.gif

Thanx - K

<!--EDIT|Hawaiibusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1078292628 -->

Sorry folks, I have been out of town for a few weeks.

Could we PLEASE get this thread pinned until the event is over?

Hawaii, during motorcycle madness, they do not enforce the AMA racing rules, so no full leathers or kill switches necessary.

Big E, sorry man, I recommend the Fiesta in Henderson, should be an easy find on the web, if you need a number let me know.

Events are as follows.

Group dinner on Thursday night (location to be determined)

Death Valley/Pahrump group ride Friday

Group dinner Friday night, probably Hooters on Sahara ave., like last year

Saturday - Lake Mead/Valley of Fire/Hoover Dam run

Saturday night - Motorcycle Madness (starts at 11 pm) drag racing at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.

Sunday - group ride for those hanging around (to be determined)

Any other ideas/thoughts

Back