VEGAS!!! Get your sh*t together

sterling

Registered
Ok everyone...we have less than three weeks to go. Do you have your reservations, good tires, oil changed, bag to carry your poop...etc.

Who is in for this ride. I am riding out with Cisco35 on Thursday, and will ride back out to meet up with everyone in Barstow.

I want to make small stickers with everyones name on the boards so we have an idea who everyone is...so, send me a private message with your name and I will make one (free).

The dates are April 23 to 27th...Wednesday to Sunday.

SterlingSilver

Right on Sterling. I am waiting to hear back from Hooters on a group meet. My mechanic, who specializes in Turbo Busas said we could probably get together at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway for some 1/4 mile runs on Friday night. That would be FUN!!!

I have some rides in mind, we need to get organized. Here are the "must" rides in my mind:

Lake Mead to Valley of Fire #1 (maybe with a stop at Hoover Dam). This would be a long ride and take all day with a lunch stop. I would say this is a MUST ride.

Red Rock Canyon and Mt. Springs Summitt. This is a fairly short ride but real nice.

Pahrump/Death Valley. Tons of VERY HIGH speed stuff with little interference from "the man". Also, I would love to get a group picture in front of the Chicken Ranch brothel if possible, that would be COOL!

Mt. Charleston. About a 1/2 day ride beautiful scenery at high elevations.

Night time activities: Las Vegas Motorspeedway: Friday night madness (likely we can do this).

The Strip and local hangouts, on any given weekend night you can find 20+ bikes hanging out near the strip including members of the Las Vegas Extremes.

Party spots... well, it's Vegas and there are TONS! Many spots where we could get priority parking, possible stops for "adult entertainment" if anyone is so interested.

Please let me know if I can help get things together from here.

Really looking forward to this event!

Doc

Ok Doc...Since you are the in-town "Host", I thought it might be wise to make up a meeting spot and a time that everyone from out of town could meet up each day, and maybe a "schedule" printed on paper...if you will. It will be tough to get everyone together otherwise.

I just had an idea for a group photo....we ALL go down the strip and stop traffic with all of the bikes, at night, with Vegas as the backdrop. Maybe post someone on the crossover bridges with the camera.

Keep us up to date with Hooters. It would also be a good idea if you found out the requirements for the race track, like kill switches, garments (is textile jackets allowed), stuff like that and costs involved. I am sure your "mechanic" would like some business...so he might want to create some "busa" specials.

Ok everyone...we have less than three weeks to go. Do you have your reservations, good tires, oil changed, bag to carry your poop...etc.

Who is in for this ride. I am riding out with Cisco35 on Thursday, and will ride back out to meet up with everyone in Barstow.

I want to make small stickers with everyones name on the boards so we have an idea who everyone is...so, send me a private message with your name and I will make one (free).

The dates are April 23 to 27th...Wednesday to Sunday.

SterlingSilver
Man Sterling,

You don't play around do you?? You're right to the point. You get in there, take charge, and put the plans together. Damn, I like that. Everything is straightforward and to-the-point. I sorely wish that I could make this trip. But you all better watch out next year cuz' I'm a coming. And for those going to Laguna this year...BEWARE!!!

Brian
afro.gif

looks like I won't be going. had to fork over some unexpected dough. the only thing that could get me to go is assistance with a place to stay, ie share a room, etc.

looks like I won't be going. had to fork over some unexpected dough. the only thing that could get me to go is assistance with a place to stay, ie share a room, etc.
Hey Cache,

Does "NOT GOING" mean Vegas or Laguna?
rock.gif
If it's troubles you're having (Laguna), then I would be willing to share the room with ya if that's all that it is gonna take. For the rate that I got the room for, you don't even have to split it with me. But, a nice cold Bud Light would suffice.

Brian

See that man, we're still cooler than a fan...

brian, this is the Vegas thread....
rock.gif

got all my stuff already paid for for Laguna trip. Just yesterday I was able to finish making the Vegas trip work out. gonna tear up NV in 2weeks!!!
smile.gif

OK GUYS and GALS! When do you want to do the Hooters thing? I am thinking like Friday night around 7-8pm....? How does that sound? How many bikes, etc.? Please let me know.

Howz about a local nudey bar for Saturday night, how many bikes etc.? I realize many may not be into these types of activities, but it would fun especially since the owner rides a ZX12 and digs Busa... not to mention I date one of the dancers on and off.... Those who want to go, what time? I am thinking like 9pm or so (after dinner).

Here is the agenda I am thinking off...

Thursday afternoon/evening: Local rides, cruising, etc. then dinner
Friday: Red Rock Canyon, Pahrump/Death Valley, and possibly Mt. Charleston - this would be mostly high speed stuff. If possible, I would like to get a pic of the bikes in front of the Chicken Ranch Brothel, that would be priceless.

Friday night: possible drag racing (still checking on this), dinner, cruising the strip, etc.

Saturday: Lake Mead to Valley of Fire (some may want to make several passes in this area). Will be a lot of rangers out, so be aware of the possibility of a ticket...

Saturday afternoon/night: what ever the group wants to do, probably be fun to go want the LV Extremes and 702 Boyz do stunts near the strip, or...?

Sunday: whatever, I will probably ride with the group part way back to LA... we could hit Death Valley/Pahrump then as well.

PLEASE let me know if there is anything I can do on my end. I have calls in for drag racing special privledges for our group and I also called Dyno Jet to see if they would consider coming to the race way with their portable dyno.

So, HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE COMING!?!?!
rock.gif
I get this question from everyone I call to ask for "favors", please, drop me an email at shane.snyder@snwa.com if you are coming so I can get a better idea of how many bikes/people to expect.

Thanks!

hey Doc, I wanna go
laugh.gif
cache, I am considering renting something to haul my bike down to the sanfran area? you have a trailer? maybe thats havoc? either way I will stay in motel somewhere in vegas I would spring for a double. my question is, where is everyone going to store their bikes once they get down there? I will look for a room on the bottom floor and pull my bike inside. or check into a 24 hr mini storage? I dunno? but thats a concern I have since my bike is my ride home.... cache, post up and lets see what we can pull together?

hey Doc, I wanna go  
laugh.gif
 cache, I am considering renting something to haul my bike down to the sanfran area? you have a trailer? maybe thats havoc? either way I will stay in motel somewhere in vegas I would spring for a double. my question is, where is everyone going to store their bikes once they get down there? I will look for a room on the bottom floor and pull my bike inside. or check into a 24 hr mini storage? I dunno? but thats a concern I have since my bike is my ride home.... cache, post up and lets see what we can pull together?
Drop me an email and I will have suggestions for ya. We can work something out. I have some LARGE ASS locks and chains too that folks can borrow. It would take someone all night to get through the stuff I have...

Later

I will be heading out with some of the San Diego / L.A. / LABusas crew. Hopefully meet at Hooters Friday night if that's the plan. We will be arriving at around 8:00 on Friday night. Where is the 'Vegas Hooters anyway? My wife and I will likely be staying at Hard Rock or Rio.

Gar
biggar@cox.net
(760) 497-1015

Back