vapor lock?

morgan2058

Registered
I have a '99 Busa that after riding approx 30 minutes, a high pitch squeal comes from the gas cap. If I open the cap, it releases pressure. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

any mods?

Mine does the same on a full tank with an external fuel pump. Systems of vapor lock, but hard to beleive if you are stock.

Mine does the same thing since I got it (Oct '06). It didn't matter whether I had a full or empty tank. I took it in for some service a couple of months ago at 4500 and it was doing the pitch. A couple of techs have never heard it before. A couple of them said it wasn't a problem. If I start to notice starting or accelerating changes to take it in, though. I'm at 7800 with no problems. If you hear otherwise, post it.

THANKS

My 2003 whistles as well. It drives me insane. I have traced every hose and line and nothing seems to be pinched. I have a Cali model bike though. I'm thinking my charcoal canister may be clogged.

lmfao, you guys are killing me!

i see that it is still fun to fish for dumdasses that don't realize that they bought a suzuki !

my favorite part was the tech that never heared that noise before !

i am rollin on the ground

Factory cap or aftermarket like vortex
rock.gif
Might be over filling tank. Haven't had the problem.

don't worry about... heat and running the engine will often cause this...

btw... you know if your tank is over filled when it's pouring gasoline out all over the place when you close the lid.

i have just bought a 99 busa with 19000 miles on the clock i have clocked 500 miles up and the other day it cut out while i was accelrating onto the motoway it has since cut out again under acceleration but will run fine taking it easy can anyone help cheers joe

My ZRX would make the high pitched squeal from the gas cap when I shut it off and everything got hot. No one (including me) had ever heard one do that either. Busa fortunatly doesn't do it.

Back