Vancouver Island Area Busa's

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
@Rb05 and a couple of his crew will be down in Victoria on July 25th. This is an' invite to all interested to meet up. Vancouver area,Seattle area folks are most welcome,but anybody from anywhere should is most welcome to come and hang out. Nothing heavy duty,a ride and lunch.Arrangements can be made for anybody that needs to spend the night.
Hopefully @Sandow @hayabuser @clean and the other island boyz can show up...we never do anything local.:mad: Get a hold of me for details.
I will be dissapointed if the locals don't show...

Rubb.

My 'Busa is in Ontario.....

... and I haven't ridden anything (nor even gone to work) in two weeks thanks to this damn vertigo. :(

So that's a maybe.

... and I haven't ridden anything (nor even gone to work) in two weeks thanks to this damn vertigo. :(

So that's a maybe.
Understood on the vertigo,say no more. Even if you could make it out for lunch and a howdy. We are probably going to terrorize the harley crowd at that eatery "Wheelies" . Busa not necessary...bring out one of yer other bad-azz bikes. There will be an' R1,CBR,maybe a few of my buds...Ducati etc.
Rubb.

What's the status of this? I'm still touch and go health-wise but you never know what the morning will bring....

What's the status of this? I'm still touch and go health-wise but you never know what the morning will bring....
We are "Go for Launch" well,lunch anyway. :laugh:
Number unknown. There are a few Busa owners on the island that are not Org members...or maybe they lurk under assumed names/locations.
Too bad. The chance to humiliate Ol' Rubb...how could that be passed up?
So its up to @Rb05 and @clean to organize their runs down island and get back with me on ETA. No answer from @Sandow,etc.
Wheelies eatery was talked about as the meet up spot. All to be confirmed in the AM. So git yer lazy azz up,pick one from yer stable and ride.
Talk to you in the morn.
Rubb.

I’m in Vic, took the long way with a nice cruise ocean side from courtenay on 19a, 1a,shawnigan heights to malahat. Right now we kid sitting until 10am, then ride on

B081E973-36ED-4721-B3AA-8D4602F8CE40.jpeg

Fun day. We blasted over to a motorcycle cafe for some eats. Good food.
Couple old HD's rolled in. Pretty cool.
One was sporting early NOS and the first GPS used on motorcycles. :thumbsup:

View attachment 1623682

View attachment 1623683

View attachment 1623684

View attachment 1623685
I like those old bikes, they have a certain class about them...like the old cars...

Shifting with your hand and clutching with your foot is something I wouldn't relish though. Imagine in the days those bikes were new and the roads they had to ride on trying to shift and avoid all the ruts and pot holes..

I forgot to mention that @Rb05 is going to have mentioned in his will (God forbid) that his Busa is to be donated to the Smithsonian Institution.
From the Busa's I know on the board his maybe the only 100% stock Gen I on the planet. His plans for mods are......NONE. EVER. His bro was giving him a hard time about the exhaust etc,but Rb was unwavered.Didn't flinch,no expression,no retort...nothing. It may still have the factory oil,coolant,fluids and tires intact. j/k
Leave it be Bro. Let the "haters" hate. You are sitting on something truely beautiful and unique.
Any dum bastid with poor taste and judgement can cob together some rolling piece O' krap. Just look at the sacrilege parked next to yours.
Keep it simple Bro. Keep it stock. Keep it real. :thumbsup:
Rubb.

I forgot to mention that @Rb05 is going to have mentioned in his will (God forbid) that his Busa is to be donated to the Smithsonian Institution.
From the Busa's I know on the board his maybe the only 100% stock Gen I on the planet. His plans for mods are......NONE. EVER. His bro was giving him a hard time about the exhaust etc,but Rb was unwavered.Didn't flinch,no expression,no retort...nothing. It may still have the factory oil,coolant,fluids and tires intact. j/k
Leave it be Bro. Let the "haters" hate. You are sitting on something truely beautiful and unique.
Any dum bastid with poor taste and judgement can cob together some rolling piece O' krap. Just look at the sacrilege parked next to yours.
Keep it simple Bro. Keep it stock. Keep it real. :thumbsup:
Rubb.

View attachment 1623707
Look in this video at 5:11 and you will see a zero km 1999 Hayabusa already in a Museum as well as many other tasty Suzukis including an '08 with zero kms..

Well... I was looking at Vancouver Island today, from Deception Pass/ Whidbey Island. I'll get up there someday.

So that's a maybe.
I take Betahistine 16mg 3 times a day...helps. Maybe give it a shot.

Rubb.

Bump on this I am in Troutdale Or bringing my near stock (slip-ons, that's it) back to it's glory for the 2024 riding season...
Looking forward to a great year.

Back