Vance Hines Header Install

Shaft

Registered
Hey all,

I bought a used header.

For the life of me I cannot find an install manual anywhere on the web.

Links on Vance&Hines website are broken.

The part I'm stuck on is the mount underneath the bike by the belly wing.

It doesn't line up with the stock location. Does one need to invert the mount or something?

I just want to be clear before I mount the mufflers on.

Thanks.

It won't work. Just send it to me for disposal. :whistle:

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

If its a 4 into 2 its the same as stock. You can install factory mufflers to that header. Well thats what v/h told me.

if i remember right yes u put the mount on backwords and maybe there was a thick shims to use there also. check the front slip joints as mine leaked real bad before u put ur fairings back on

if i remember right yes u put the mount on backwords and maybe there was a thick shims to use there also. check the front slip joints as mine leaked real bad before u put ur fairings back on

You know what, I was thinking the same thing about leakage at the slip joints. What did you do to overcome that issue? I shoved them in as far as they could go. I haven't fired the bike up yet.

As for the thick shims, do they go on the mounts mounting bolts to the underside of the busa? Those shims don't fit the actual bolt that fastens the headers to the mount. Bolt is too big.

Whatever the case may be leave the hardware loose till all parts are fitted then line them up...then snug the clamps etc...that may be a useless tip but it is universal when fitting parts...just don't over look it.

in case you still need this (I saved it when I did mine months ago)

Attachments

• Vance and Hines Install Guide.pdf
    174.6 KB · Views: 543

+1... The mount has to be reversed.

in case you still need this (I saved it when I did mine months ago)

Thank you soooooooooo much!!
Installation is complete and was a breeze. Love how easy it's been to wrench on the busa.
Nice deep sound with the yoshi's now.

Thanks all

it took 3 months of fighting before i gave up and sent back my VH headers. they sounded like crap and leaked like crazy. too much money for a poor product. VH wasnt good about helping me eighter. the parts they sent were even worst then the first and they wouldnt send a new kit. i gave up and gutted the CAT out of my stock header and it sounds so much better then the VH did. plus oem fit and quality. PM me with any questions. my email dont update me on threads

it took 3 months of fighting before i gave up and sent back my VH headers. they sounded like crap and leaked like crazy. too much money for a poor product. VH wasnt good about helping me eighter. the parts they sent were even worst then the first and they wouldnt send a new kit. i gave up and gutted the CAT out of my stock header and it sounds so much better then the VH did. plus oem fit and quality. PM me with any questions. my email dont update me on threads

Thats too bad you had those issues, A couple taps with a rubber mallet sealed the slip joints well for me. No issues here.

Sometimes very small leaks will seal in time, carbon I guess. Anyway glad you got it and are happy.

Thank you soooooooooo much!!
Installation is complete and was a breeze. Love how easy it's been to wrench on the busa.
Nice deep sound with the yoshi's now.

Thanks all
Sorry for bumping an old(er) thread. But did the V&H header make the exhaust much louder? Also, did you dyno tune and see what the torque curve did? Thanks, and yaayyy, first post. -L.

Just installed a Power Commander V with Akrapovič Map and man what a difference. Smoothened out the power delivery. It's like riding a whole new bike!

Back