Vance&Hines 4 into 2 Header

I think I am finally going to bite the bullet and install the V&H header on my 2008 Busa. I have Yoshi R77 CF slipons now, but I want to lose the weight of the catalytic converter and, anyway, I'm looking for a winter project because, as a Texan, I don't ride when it gets below 70f. Anyway, how difficult is the install and will the oil filter still slip out as easily as it does with the regular header. Also, how imperative is it that I get the bike tuned properly after the install?

Cheers.

The oil filter will come out just the same as stock, no issues.
The install is simple and straight forward.
The gen2 Busa will run fine with a full exhaust and no tune, but a GOOD dyno tune(done by a reputable tuner) is always recommended whenever possible. Johnny Cheese is a few hours away, and his reputation speaks for itself.
You'll get a ballpark 10hp and 5 ft lbs of tq on paper with a full exhaust and good dyno tune, but more importantly a smoother and better running bike.
New header gaskets are likely not needed, but it's never a bad idea to get new ones either
Get an Ecu Editor dyno tune too, that way the restrictions in the ecu can be turned off.

oil filter comes out just fine. but my VH header had multiple leaks and sounded horrible. i think i got a bad batch. they didnt fix my issuses so i gutted my factory cat and put my oem header back on. fits pefect as it should and it sounds better and deaper the the VH header. gut ur cat and try it before u spend all the money first. u might be happy with a few hours and no money involved

The oil filter will come out just the same as stock, no issues.
The install is simple and straight forward.
The gen2 Busa will run fine with a full exhaust and no tune, but a GOOD dyno tune(done by a reputable tuner) is always recommended whenever possible. Johnny Cheese is a few hours away, and his reputation speaks for itself.
You'll get a ballpark 10hp and 5 ft lbs of tq on paper with a full exhaust and good dyno tune, but more importantly a smoother and better running bike.
New header gaskets are likely not needed, but it's never a bad idea to get new ones either
Get an Ecu Editor dyno tune too, that way the restrictions in the ecu can be turned off.
Great advice. Cheers mate.

oil filter comes out just fine. but my VH header had multiple leaks and sounded horrible. i think i got a bad batch. they didnt fix my issuses so i gutted my factory cat and put my oem header back on. fits pefect as it should and it sounds better and deaper the the VH header. gut ur cat and try it before u spend all the money first. u might be happy with a few hours and no money involved
So, if I am to understand you right, you received a pi$$ poor product, then got pi$$ poor customer service?

it took 2 months to end up not using the header. i had two of the 4 pipes that were too big and leaking. they then only sent one part to fix the two i had and it was even worst. then they wanted me to go after parts unlimited to get a instore credit and i didnt get my money back. all they had to do is send me a new header to try. i was told they were but then sent the one downtube. to me even the quality was worst then after i gutted my oem pipe. alot of people have this header any maybe be ok with it. either they dont hear the leaks or got a good one. i like the concept of the header but my dealer said he gets alot of VH problems to deal with.

it took 2 months to end up not using the header. i had two of the 4 pipes that were too big and leaking. they then only sent one part to fix the two i had and it was even worst. then they wanted me to go after parts unlimited to get a instore credit and i didnt get my money back. all they had to do is send me a new header to try. i was told they were but then sent the one downtube. to me even the quality was worst then after i gutted my oem pipe. alot of people have this header any maybe be ok with it. either they dont hear the leaks or got a good one. i like the concept of the header but my dealer said he gets alot of VH problems to deal with.

I was planning on going the V&H so I can utilize my R77 slip ons. Anyone else have a positive experience with these? Hope bikerboys experience was isolated.

I have same header. had a few leaks. but after some expanding with inexpensive tool from autozone. all is good

I have the V&H header and have had zero issues with it (install, fitment or function)

just gut the cat out of the stock header. my VH was a higher pitch tingy sound. my gutted oem was deaper lower pitch andu will have no issues. it took me a few hours and some welding to gut my cat out. im kinda glad it worked out the way it did. thats alot of money to save i think it was around 10lbs and have a worst sound. im running two bros slips.

I have VH headers and yoshi R77 mufflers. It ran rich until I tuned it with a logbox. Sounds wicked awesome.

I feel like a GOD in charge of such power. It has a deep rumble at low rpm, and vents at high RPM.

The torque at low end and the effortless and breathtaking acceleration at 6+k is intoxicating.

Acceleration narcosis is what it's called by professionals. Scary is what I call it.

I have the VH header with Yoshi R22 mufflers. I never noticed any leaks but I do run with my fairings on, so I couldn't see any leaks anyway. My question is this: The header is straight thru, the Yoshi mufflers are straight thru also, so what would make the exhaust gasses pass through the slip fit tubes of the header? Were you running the VH header with the stock mufflers?

i have two bros slips. under throttle yes they might not leak but at idle i could hear it plain as day. its not that it couldnt get fixed. its i had to take 2 months of dealing with people to have the company not take care of me the right way. i thought about taking my bike with the header installed and having a buddy weld them solid but why should i have to do that to a brand new expensive product? maybe im picky but i couldnt keep the product in the end. the parts they send me to try to fix my problem were even worst then the first.

Back