vance and hines S4

Status
Not open for further replies.

bs72069

Registered
sorry to bother with all the exhaust questions. but cant make up my mind about what to get. does anyone have them? what did u think about them? plus i notice they come with the skunk works edition busa.

I just put V&H bolt-ons on my Busa last night...
They sound pretty good...louder than stock, and that's what I was going for...

As for looks...I like 'em, but my husband wasn't happy with the way they sit compared to stock...they're a bit smaller in overall diameter, so they don't stand out like stock pipes, and they're tilted a bit toward the ground...

I'm happy with them though...don't have a pic of my bike with them yet, but I hope to soon (no electricity at home due to hurricane, so I can't get my digital photos on disk)...

This is what I've just put on...good craftmanship...especially the ends...

V_H_pipes.gif

Hey, VA. I was looking at them myself. I'd like to see what they look like installed. Just heard a set of Yosh Pipes. They sounded real good. Can ya record a sound byte for us as well? :super:

I got the aluminum ones...I'll see if I can record a sound byte...I'll have to go ahead and hook up my PC to the generator so I can get some pics posted...

...still without power here in VA :sad:

...here you go...

They're growing on me...I wish they weren't tilted as much as they are; they'd look a bit bigger if they sat vertical to the bike...sound good though, especially when downshifting...

VABUSA2.JPG

Damn...wrong pic...sorry...blonde moment I guess...

Here's the right pic...I need one of those chrome bolt covers, that's why I took that pic...nothing to see there folks; just keep moving...

VANCE2.JPG

Does the Flange on the front of the pipes rotate freely? If so I am betting that the mounting brackets holding on to the cans might be switched L to R? I am just guessing but from the looks of it and a guess I am thinking that the hardware on your pipe strap should be underneath the cans... Is it possible to switch them to the other side? Might get straight pipes then? Or is it just the strap hardware needs to be swapped...

Pipes look good VA, don't get me wrong, I am just pretty sure they are not supposed to angle out like that...

Hubby tried everything he could because he hates them tilted like that...the only way he can see us straightening them up is to somehow modify the mounting piece off of the exhaust, or somehow have the exhaust from the bike rotated...he tried swapping them, and tried turning them up instead of down, but they looked worse...

Nothing rotates freely on the pipes as far as I know...the mounts on the pipes and exhaust can only fit as we've put them on, unless you want the pipes being turned upward at an extreme angle...

I'm wondering if I was just one of the unlucky ones that got a set of pipes that weren't manufactured correctly? I might contact V & H and see what they say...now that I've got pics, I can send them some...

If I can find a way to mount them vertically, that's what I want to do...they do sound better than stock, so I don't want to give that up...

Michelle,

Send your photos to V&H. There has to be a way to mount them straight. They look great, but I would think that they should be aligned better. I bet they have some ideas for you.

Kent

Michelle,

Send your photos to V&H.  There has to be a way to mount them straight.  They look great, but I would think that they should be aligned better.  I bet they have some ideas for you.

Kent
Kent...I was talking to my husband about doing just that last night...we paid too much for those bolt-ons to have them mount like that...

I'm hoping V&H will either give me some ideas to straighten them up, or send me something else...

Thanks for the input guys...I'll let you know what happens...

Follow-up for anyone interested in these V&H slip-ons...I noticed when we first picked these pipes that the web site didn't list them for 2003 Busas...just 99 - 02...my husband trusted that the guy ordering them ordered a set for a 2003 Busa, but after calling Vance & Hines, it seems that these pipes don't properly fit the 03 Busa...the mounting brackets have changed on the 03 Busas perhaps? So, a pipe suited for the older models doesn't mount properly on my 03 bike...

We're contacting the Suzuki dealer we ordered them through to see what we can do to get something to replace them...they really cost too much to accept them as they are...

If you've got a Busa older than 2003, they'd fit vertical to the bike body and probably look very slick...otherwise, skip these pipes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back