Vance and Hines Performance headers with aftermarker slip-ons?

murphc13

Registered
Hello all.My first post as im picking up a 2013 ABS next week and the thoughts of modding are getting me excited(trading an Aprilia RSV4).
The standard exhaust system will need to go first but i like the look of the dual exhaust set up.The VandH headers are not too expensive and will make a nice full system paired with yoshimura R-77 carbon cans.Im just not 100% sure if this can be done.
The VandH website doesnt specify which slip-ons will fit but if they're the same diameter at the point of connection(to the slip ons) as the standard system is then all should be fine.
Can anyone help a noob out here?Cheers and hello ALL

Thanks my friend...i think thats the combo ill go for when the cash is there.Cant wait!!!:).Cheers man
No problem. I love mine gave me a bunch of torque gains on the dyno. That H pipe they have Is killer and I just ran some ebay shorty moto gp style tips and she sounds nasty and they only 85.00 for both tips

No problem. I love mine gave me a bunch of torque gains on the dyno. That H pipe they have Is killer and I just ran some ebay shorty moto gp style tips and she sounds nasty and they only 85.00 for both tips
Sweet man.Im trading my RAV4 next week for the 13 Hayabusa.The V4 is the loudest bike on the planet so its defo quieter i want to go.
I had a 99 Bus 6 years ago and i always missed it.Glad to be coming home:)

I bought R77 slip ons with the intent of adding the Vance and Hines header when fund allowed. I have heard they are a good combo. Really like the sound of my R77's.

Cool man.Im thinking of doing the same.The carbon dual cans look great on the genII.I had a full system on my 08 Fireblade a few years back and the carbon is beautiful.If the header system is good quality then ill go with that.The dual akrapovic is whetting my appetite atm but its costly my friend....lifes choices eh:)

Cool man.Im thinking of doing the same.The carbon dual cans look great on the genII.I had a full system on my 08 Fireblade a few years back and the carbon is beautiful.If the header system is good quality then ill go with that.The dual akrapovic is whetting my appetite atm but its costly my friend....lifes choices eh:)

If you make sure to take your time on the install you will have no leaks at all just thread in all the bolts enough to hold things on but loose enough to easily move things slide everything together tap pipes into each other with a rubber mallet and torque her down. Good to go and like I said great #'s on the dyno as well. SAE mine is 187.53hp 113ftlbs with dyno tune v&h headers and bmc filter

If you make sure to take your time on the install you will have no leaks at all just thread in all the bolts enough to hold things on but loose enough to easily move things slide everything together tap pipes into each other with a rubber mallet and torque her down. Good to go and like I said great #'s on the dyno as well. SAE mine is 187.53hp 113ftlbs with dyno tune v&h headers and bmc filter
Cool man.Those are pretty good nos.I hated the single exhaust at first but its kinda growing on me(Akrapovic) and the full 4-2-1 Akra would be probably cheaper than VandH headers and R-77s Slips.Decisions decisions:).
Thanks for the inputs men....i think whatever i go for ill be delighted with:)

Back