Valves out of adjustment

Fastfrog007

Donating Member
Registered
If my valves were out of spec, what would the symptoms be?
She seems a little off lately, sounds hollow and vibrates. (no percievable power loss) I had the valves check last spring and all were in spec. I changed the plugs and found 2 screws not fastened, leaving me questioning the mechanic that did he work. thanks guys

Id take it to another shop if you are questioning the work definitely. Im sure mine is due for a valve check soon also jus for regular maintenance

onlything that could go out of spec with valves is the face that seats with the head and the stem which is the distance between the tip-shim-cam... the shims are what changed during a valve adjustment and if that was out of spec bad then it would be a constant clicking noise in the top end

I have 46,000 miles on my 2007 just had the valves checked. They said the valves are perfectly in spec right in the center of tolerances. I could be wrong here but I have yet to find anyone who has said when they had their valves check they needed adjusting. With the set up of how its all put together unless you are extremely hard on one in my opinion it would be very hard to get the valves out of sync, the pucks are very hard and are hard to wear down. JMO

Back