Valve Stems - 90's

Skywalker

Donating Member
Registered
I have a nice brand new set of 90 degree turned valve stems that I have had over a year. I don't want to go to the stealership and let them scratch old blue and I bet they would. Anyone have any tricks that I can deflate and easisly remove stock and replace with my new 90's and I have an aircompressor. I would hate to think I need to fully remove the tire from rim and would hope not. Thoughts peeps?

You would at least have to break the bead. Not sure how much room you would need to install them.

I've never broke the beed before on a bike and especially a Busa so I bet that are stiff and will give little room to work. But maybe someone that has can put a little light on this subject before I waste my time.

You would at least have to break the bead. Not sure how much room you would need to install them.

Do you have anyone near with their own tire changer?
When I changed my back tire with my Harbor Freight Changer..breaking the tire bead was the easiest part.
Since you could leave the tire on and just push it all to one side...you may be able to do it that way.

I do not know anyone with a changer. So, are you saying that if I deflate it on the bike of course is my goal, I should be able to push is in enough to work it? Have you done that or seen it done?

Do you have anyone near with their own tire changer?
When I changed my back tire with my Harbor Freight Changer..breaking the tire bead was the easiest part.
Since you could leave the tire on and just push it all to one side...you may be able to do it that way.

A neighbor of mine installed some on his using a C clamp and a couple of pieces of wood to break the bead and compress the tire out of the way. Take the cores out of the stems and it'll fill the tire faster, sealing the beads. Once the bead seats, screw the cores back in. I have right angle stems on mine; they're great :beerchug:.

Leaving it on the bike might be tedious with the lack of room. You could leave the tire on the wheel and just push it all to one side while the wheel is off the bike. Resting the wheel up on something so the tire falls to other side.

Like Red says...maybe c-clamps and pieces of wood would squeeze it enough to leave the wheel on also, if not it would be a good way to break the bead with the wheel off.

See, brains gather here all the time! I have some C Clamps and some wood. I'll put her up on both stands and work it! The C Clamp will be in the area of the valve stem and I should be able to reach it. Great advice on the reseal without the valve center installed. I would not have thought of that and my compressor will only do like 120 lbs. I'm going out today with friends but I'll get this ASAP. Many thanks guys! :thumbsup::bowdown::cheerleader:

You dont necessarily have to be right at the valve stem when you break the bead loose. Once you get it started, the rest of it will probably break free fairly easy.

not sure...but something to consider is the balance of the wheel after install.

as long as he doesnt rotate the tire on the wheel should not be a problem the wieght diff is very very small so balance still would be spot on

Use a crayon or something and mark the tire and wheel with a continuous line over both of them before you break the bead . That way you have a reference of where the wheel should be in relation to the tire. Works every time!

Back