Valentino Rossi's 'Gyro-Cam' at Moto Gp

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Man I love that thing !
Auto-Levels so you really get a good look at how far he actually leans .
I wish I could find out exactly what make and models of bike cams they all use cuz the picture is obviously HD and the sound capture is great as well. GoPro eat your heart out :)

It is awesome, lets you really get the feel of how far they lean over! They will be a lot more costly than the Gopros thats for sure! You have to pay to play lol! :laugh::laugh:

Only other thing I'd like on that camera is a subtle cross-hair in the middle, and some ticks around the edges every 15 degrees or so. That camera shot made the others look lame!

I wonder how fast that gyro cam can react to something like a highside? I was thinking it would have been cool to have the same cam on Pedrosas bike when he tossed it away on the lowside....

He is most impressive. Man shouldn't even be riding right now and he almost blows em all away.

it is a cool camera system. What was with the some guys putting their foot down when entering the corners?

it is a cool camera system. What was with the some guys putting their foot down when entering the corners?

I was going to post a thread asking about this last week, I never noticed it before. But I saw people talking about it somewhere on here earlier today.

Hi Jim, Rossi started the foot down last year, he says it helps him prep for the corner like a dirt tracker ... :lookaround: I dont get it, but others have started to follow.

Guess what ever Vali does is ok, because, after all ... he is the Man. :laugh:

http://www.roadracerx.com/blog/more-on-the-dangling-foot/

Last edited:
I was going to post a thread asking about this last week, I never noticed it before. But I saw people talking about it somewhere on here earlier today.

I believe they didn't start using it until the last race when Rossi came back at Motorrad in Germany.

Someone please post where you are watching this at and can replays be seen online?

That's awesome damn he must be in some real pain when he rides saw him limp off the bike but in the earlier shots he was getting around good. he is really one of the few who can push a bike to its limits :bowdown:

After watching that clip which was from the race at Laguna Seca this weekend passed I have to say SuperCooooooooooooooooooooooooL :bowdown:

That is sick. I love the sound the most. Watch the clip concentrating on his throttle technique...Awesome to hear when and where and for how long hes on the gas leaning that far over.
We talk about dragging knees here good gosh 'The Doctor' looks like hes close to draggin' 'cheek' :laugh:

Back