Valencia MotoGP Results

BA BUSA

MotoGP Wannabe
Donating Member
Registered
Well we all know what has happened in the last few races...it was Hayden's Championship to lose and he lost his lead with one race remaining
wow.gif
because his team mate crashed him out.

I was looking at the qualifying results for Valencia which is a difficult track to pass on...Rossi won the pole and Hayden placed fifth...I knew ALL the variables on where Hayden and Rossi had to finish for Hayden to WIN the championship...then I saw some news reports on MotoGP.com.

Since coming to Yamaha, Rossi has won 14 poles and in only one of those races did he finish lower than SECOND....that one was a fourth  
sad.gif
 Hayden would need a miracle to win the race and have Rossi finish third or lower. Well in racing ANYTHING can happen so I set my alarm for 5AM so I could watch the race live...no big deal I get up for work at that time normally.

1. Bayliss
2. Capirossi
3. Hayden

13. Rossi

HAYDEN WINS!!!!   HAYDEN WINS THE CHAMPIONSHIP !!!!!!!

jump9.gif

jump9.gif

jump9.gif

jump9.gif

jump9.gif

jump9.gif

jump9.gif

jump9.gif

jump9.gif

On the fourth lap Rossi went down
wow.gif
Hayden was in third behind Capirossi and Bayliss led wire to wire....Rossi was in about 10th when he crashed into the gravel pit...like a TRUE CHAMPION  
bowdown.gif
 he got right back into the race...he was now in 20th position and worked his way back to finish 13th.

Nicky was in 3rd the whole race and until about 5 to go was battling with the two Ducati's...then all he had to do was finish to be the WORLD MOTOGP CHAMPION  
beerchug.gif

(steelhead @ Oct. 29 2006,08:01) It's a well deserved victory for him. Who would have thought Rossi would go down?  

beerchug.gif
He got up and still finished
bowdown.gif

Good point, steelhead ... I'd never guess that Rossi would go down on his own. In the end, I guess that it's an "equalizer" from the last race, when Pedrosa took Nicky out. Can't wait to see the action!

It would be GREAT if Nicky would make a few stops on Cycle World's International Motorcycle Shows this year ... like maybe New York and Los Angeles!

Interesting ... Bayliss steps in out of nowhere and takes a wire-to-wire victory, with Capirossi in tow! And how about Pedrosa, looks like maybe he kept his distance, but "protected" Nicky?

Hey, BA, did you watch it live on MotoGP.com, or by satellite?

(05 Busa LE @ Oct. 29 2006,08:15) Interesting ... Bayliss steps in out of nowhere and takes a wire-to-wire victory, with Capirossi in tow! And how about Pedrosa, looks like maybe he kept his distance, but "protected" Nicky?

Hey, BA, did you watch it live on MotoGP.com, or by satellite?
Live on MotoGP.com
Bayliss won the WSB title and was filling in for the injured Sete Gibernau

Bayliss and Capirossi were out front on the first lap...Nicky was 3rd the
whole way. Early on Pedrosa, Melandri, and Stoner were going at it
in 4,5,6 positions. After the first few laps no one got close to the top three.

Back