skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
View attachment 1578311

View attachment 1567325

QDSj9JZ_zpsvfi6vltn.gif

BabyishMeanBarasingha_zpsmjl5m8ci.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with what you've said skydivr! After trolling both rider's FB sites last night and seeing the pure hatred for MM, it's a shame that I'm seeing so much in favor of Rossi being "that guy" at all cost.

The penalty points were imposed for a reason. The initial appeal was denied, not sure if they're going to pursue appealing further, but from all I have heard and read, all on the Yamaha team including Rossi have admitted guilt, so why is it OK that he "lost it" and did what he did...he shouldn't have, not in this sport. What he did takes away from MotoGP and it's ruined a lot for the fans.

I feel like I'm at a disadvantage here, being relatively new to watching it (only 2 years in), but I know I didn't like what I saw and I certainly don't like what I'm seeing now from the fans that are saying what he did was OK...

I was gonna as on FB but what is BLUF? :rofl:

ANd #6 Was the punishment worth it? My answer is no. Any other rider on the field would have gotten a black flag or a minimum ride through penalty.

BLUF = Bottom Line Up Front...

I'd rather Rossi gotten a ride thru if you want to know the truth...He'd be behind Lorenzo in points, but he'd be able to qualify and race next weekend for the win...

Some are saying they'd like to see the grid just "let" Rossi through. If this happens I've lost all faith in MotoGP and will not continue to watch any longer.

He did the crime, now face the punishment, whether people believe in it or not.

I'm not "Anti-Rossi" but the little respect I had for him prior to this weekend is now gone.

I used to like him. :down:

The real truth is MM and Lorenzo, in fact the entire MotoGP field, can't hardly stand that Rossi is so beloved (at least until yesterday) by the fans...

What MM was doing is the same a basketball player throwing a game. Also Rossi's intent was to slow MM down. MM kept pressing and ran into Rossi. Rossi gets a penalty for causing MM to crash when that's not entirely true. BTW video does not support Rossi kicking MM. MM ran into Rossi and hit his leg. Watch the video closely and its pretty clear that MM could have just cut under Rossi and been on his way. Instead MM chose to try and power around the outside of Rossi.

The year MM won the championship he was the most penalized rider on the track if I recall correctly. Most riders on the grid don't like him because he is crazy on the track. And now he decided that in the middle of the best championship run in recent history, he is going to steal the enjoyment of millions of fans to try and satisfy his anger management issues on Rossi?

I doubt his fan base has suffered because they don't believe that he meant to crash MM. Screwed up and ran him wide, yes, but not crashing. (That) was on MM for trying to force his way into VR and follow his (VRs) arc around the corner despite having yards of pavement to ride on. There was never a chance that MM was going off pavement, off line for sure but he had plenty of road to ride on. Being the immature rider that he is, (he already had what, five DNFs?) and being pissed that VR apparently wasn't going to put up with his antics anymore, he tried to force his way back into VR and went down as a result. It's clear in previous corners that MM had run VR wide several times, clear to the painted outside line and may have even touched him. Although not against the rules, his intent was to block and delay VR as best he could. His actions proved that when he let JL by and didn't try racing with him and instead dropped back to VR. Running MM wide wouldn't have been so bad if VR hadn't slowed and looked over at him while he did it. Had he run him wide and then took off w/o looking at him all would be ok but, it wouldn't have slowed MM enough (and) VRs point wouldn't have been as strongly conveyed. MM should have just powered around him as he was obviously faster but he tried to bully his way into VR and at that lean angle, went down. VR shouldn't have gotten such a severe punishment IMO, two points maybe, but not relegated to the rear of the pack.

The real truth is MM and Lorenzo, in fact the entire MotoGP field, can't hardly stand that Rossi is so beloved (at least until yesterday) by the fans...

I don't think we need to worry about Rossi's fan base. Rossi may be the most beloved person on earth. He is for sure in Europe.

It is well documented that MM simply hates Rossi. Why is that? In my view its because he is not and never will be a famous and loved as Rossi. What I watched makes me believe that MM was doing his best to make Rossi crash for the sole purpose of denying Rossi the championship. MM hates Rossi that much. This is the second time MM chose to play bumper cars with Rossi and lost that battle both times.

It would not surprise me to see Honda put a body guard team the size of the one that protects our president to keep some deranged Rossi fan from eliminating Marquez from life itself? Just sayin! :dunno:

Everybodys got two weeks to get over this .... prolly a good thing how the gp calendar is done.

Everybodys got two weeks to get over this .... prolly a good thing how the gp calendar is done.

I'm such a GP fan, especially with the advent of turbo F1 cars that sound like crap, that I wish MotoGP ran every two weeks all year long! WSB comes close but not close enough. The old AMA or whatever it's called these days is laughable. GP rules the pavement. Long live MotoGP!:bowdown:

BWAAAH...somebody had to do it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it me or my iPad? Sometimes like the vid above, I can only see the left side of the vid and, only half of the captioning.

Random thoughts: VR is and has been a smack talker. Problem is he can't back it up anymore. He isn't the fastest on the track anymore. Truth is he hasn't been able to for some time. Deserved the sanction. He can do no wrong in the eyes of many fans (fanatics). He is a good guy and a racing legend. He deserves the adulation. He's been great for MotoGP. His season has been a good one, but not a great one. I don't think MM hated VR - truth be told - I think VR really doesn't care for anyone who can out race him. Casey, Dani, Jorge and especially Marc. Finally, if Marc didn't want Rossi to win the Championship he could have easily dogged the Phillips Island race and then raced to a first, second or third in Sepang to undo Rossi completely. In the end, Rossi has finally gotten some of what he has dished over the years. Marc Marquez will be fine and has the second largest fan base in MotoGP. Damn near a legend in his own right at 22 years old. VR lost his cool and while I don't think he meant to dump MM - he should not have been where he was on the track. He stopped racing. I'm a fan of MM. I'm a fan of VR - it's just that he looks a little less like a racing god and more of a racing guy.

Back