Vacation is Over... an open letter to George

ha ha - obviously within the brotherhood of Busadom, quite a few of the members aren't of the liberal left wing persuasion ...
blush.gif
No, I prefer to think for myself using logic, intelligence and common sense. I think the only use for a knee jerk reaction is to test for nerve damage and muscle responsiveness in the legs.
Mike Moore has the intelligence God gave an alligator.
Just My Opinion.

National Guard can be organized by the governor.  What happened there??

Helicopters were there the day after rescuing people.

The governor, mayor and people of New Orleans also knew the hurricane was coming, not just Bush.

Do you really think if Bush had visited earlier, that more people would have been saved??  What does Bush being in New Orleans have to do with him directing rescue efforts.

What happen to the people of New Orleans, who choose to live below sea level surrounded by water, paying for their own levys.  Why do we have to pay for a stupidly built city??

Now he's commenting on the Pres cancelling his days off, what about all those senators/representatives.  Do you really think the Pres. just takes a day off without any duties at all??

The pesky scientist comment, ok, only the President hears pesky scientist.  I'm pretty sure everyone who wants to can get info about global warming and such.  Why is it only the Pres. isn't listening to pesky scientist.

Now the race card.  Just a stupid comment Moore.  Moore is only trying to inflame the situation.

And finally the P.S. comment.  Do you really think the Pres can talk to every family member of a fallen soldier?  Name one Pres. who has.

Moore is just a joke.  Can't believe that some people listen to him...
perfect....absolutely perfect.

ha ha - obviously within the brotherhood of Busadom, quite a few of the members aren't of the liberal left wing persuasion ...
blush.gif
No, I prefer to think for myself using logic, intelligence and common sense. I think the only use for a knee jerk reaction is to test for nerve damage and muscle responsiveness in the legs.
Mike Moore has the intelligence God gave an alligator.
Just My Opinion.
Ya know.....I like you people more and more every day!

Michael Moore is a worthless POS.

He is a poor excuse of an American.

Ever notice how any fact spouted by Michael Moore instantly loses 95% of it's credibility?

Just sayin.

--Wag--

I like how he failed to mention the F***tards shooting at the rescue teams. Oh no, that wouldn't hold back rescue efforts.

Life is full of what if's, Moore stated about where are the Helos and where are the troops but in hindsite they are where they are for a reason. No one could predict the tragedy in New Orleans and the fact of the matter is the local and state Government broke down under trying times. This is IMO the biggest reason of the failure to be able to react to such a large problem. The Mayor and Gov of Louisiana should have worked better with the FEMA and Vice Versa. All around it was a total failure, including the lack of plan for such an event. They had no plans in existence to be able to communicate with LEO and Gov officials when all of the power was gone. They obivously didn't have a central command center planned out so who really is at fault here? Actually no one, it was a complete and utter breakdown of the system and all officials from the Feds to the Local agancy's Unfortunately there have been a lot of innocent people caught in the middle and for those people I pray and hope to God that they come thru these tough times ok.

I've got to agree with you on this, Banditoo. Michael Moore is someone who has the courage to speak his convictions.

If you want to talk about who is at fault for the disastrous rescure effort in NO, you've got to look at local and state officials. You've also got to look at FEMA, as well as Homeland Security and the men who head up these organizations.

The latter were appointed by Bush. The Fema guy had absolutely no experience in disaster managment until he started with Fema. And this manifested itself mostly in his lack of flexible thinking when faced with the unforseen. Hell, he didn't even know there were thousands of people at the Convention Center until Anderson Cooper of CNN told him! And those people still got no water or food for another day or two.

There were plans in place to deal with exactly what happened in NO, we had several days advanced warning, CNN, Sean Penn, Harry Connick Jr, and others were able to get into the city. And yet it took FEMA 4 days! And the National Guard almost as long.

Bush likes to present himself as being in charge, the commander in chief, but he provided no leadership at all. Zippo. None. I would at least expect him to light a fire under Michael Brown to get Fema moving, or better yet, replace him with someone who knows how to overcome unforseen obstacles.

And why were the simplest things not done, like dropping by helicopter water and food to victims? People that work in disaster relief know that there is a 72 hour window in a disaster in which victims must have clean water - after that people start dying.

And then we have the whole political side of this - budget cutting by the Bush Administration the last 3 years to the Army corps of Engineers specifically for the water management programs around NO (strenthening levies, rebuilding the Mississippi Delta which provides a hurricane buffer for NO).

Climatologists have predicting the Katrina like scenario for years, we have plans in place to deal with this, several days advance warning and this is the best we can do? What's going to happen if we have another 911? Four years after 9/11 and this effort looks pathetically incompetant.

I hope that both Bush and congress do their own investigation of what went wrong and what went right. The comparison should be interesting.

I pray for the people down there.

Fred

I admire a man that stands up for himself against the masses, even if he is incorrect in his opinions and facts.
Thank you for clearing that up.  
laugh.gif
 That would elevate anyone to HERO status in my book too.  
ss011.gif
LOL - I guess that does sound quite stupid the way I worded that ..  
rock.gif
laugh.gif

I mean to say I have admiration for him since he stands up for what he believes in and is not afraid to voice that to the leaders of the country.  One of his flaws is he of course is too quick to state something as fact when he has a very rocky basis of facts/information to base his opinion on.
Which makes him doubly (no pun intended) dangerous because he is in a position, being in the media, to influence the easily swayed masses. I, for one, am not impressed by his antics and pronouncements. His sentiments just don't "tickle" me cerebrally. Of course, this is just my humble opinion. I hope he skips Toronto during his next canadian sojourn .
tounge.gif

laugh.gif

I've got to agree with you on this, Banditoo. Michael Moore is someone who has the courage to speak his convictions.

If you want to talk about who is at fault for the disastrous rescure effort in NO, you've got to look at local and state officials. You've also got to look at FEMA, as well as Homeland Security and the men who head up these organizations.
rock.gif

First you say Moore is right,
then you say everyone is at fault which is contrary to what Moore is saying. No where in the letter does Moore say anything about state or local officals.

rock.gif

Convictions?? The man is just trying to get back in the spotlight, do you really think he cares at all about N.O.

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

it seems this topic has gotten more attention then all the motorcycle stuff combined! wow. well i think there are 2 things friends shouldnt discuss if they want to stay friends....religion and politics. and maybe mutual ex-girlfriends!...k

Charlesbusa said: "First you say Moore is right,
then you say everyone is at fault which is contrary to what Moore is saying. No where in the letter does Moore say anything about state or local officals."

No, I never said he is right. I said he has the courage to speak his convictions. I also never claimed that he commented on local or state officials. Please read my post.

Charlesbusa said "Convictions?? The man is just trying to get back in the spotlight, do you really think he cares at all about N.O."

Yes, I do think he cares about NO. I don't agree with everything he said in his letter, but for the first five days leadership at the federal level was inept at best (and that includes Bush).

It's good to see the effort becoming more organized and effective. Now we have a Coast Guard admiral in charge of coordinating the operation so perhaps his leadership will be more effective.

Fred
smile.gif

Maybe its just me here, but if I was staying somewhere along the coast and on the news there was an announcement "Hey people another hurricane is coming" I think a lightbulb would go off and a thought would come into my head saying hey you big retard you might want to leave. Whether I was rich, poor, or just making ends meet. Common sense needs to come into play, you live in a city that is below sea level, wtf do you think is going to happen. I mean thats like riding a bike with a patched tire, something bad is going to happen you don't know when it is going to but it will happen. And when it does, you can't blame anyone but yourself, preventative maintenance.

I hate the media, they only play what gets them ratings and tailor it to their audiences. What about the real facts here. There are some serious chances a few busa's and other suzuki's might be damaged now thanks to their owners poor lack of judgement.

Back