Vacation is Over... an open letter to George

banditoo

Registered
Michael Moore may come off abrupt and a little infantile at times, but that doesn't diminish the fact that he is my hero ...

Friday, September 2nd, 2005

Dear Mr. Bush:

Any idea where all our helicopters are? It’s Day 5 of Hurricane Katrina and
thousands remain stranded in New Orleans and need to be airlifted. Where on
earth could you have misplaced all our military choppers? Do you need help
finding them? I once lost my car in a Sears parking lot. Man, was that a
drag.

Also, any idea where all our national guard soldiers are? We could really
use them right now for the type of thing they signed up to do like helping
with national disasters. How come they weren’t there to begin with?

Last Thursday I was in south Florida and sat outside while the eye of
Hurricane Katrina passed over my head. It was only a Category 1 then but it
was pretty nasty. Eleven people died and, as of today, there were still
homes without power. That night the weatherman said this storm was on its
way to New Orleans. That was Thursday! Did anybody tell you? I know you
didn’t want to interrupt your vacation and I know how you don’t like to get
bad news. Plus, you had fundraisers to go to and mothers of dead soldiers
to ignore and smear. You sure showed her!

I especially like how, the day after the hurricane, instead of flying to
Louisiana, you flew to San Diego to party with your business peeps. Don’t
let people criticize you for this—after all, the hurricane was over and
what the heck could you do, put your finger in the dike?

And don’t listen to those who, in the coming days, will reveal how you
specifically reduced the Army Corps of Engineers’ budget for New Orleans
this summer for the third year in a row. You just tell them that even if
you hadn’t cut the money to fix those levees, there weren’t going to be any
Army engineers to fix them anyway because you had a much more important
construction job for them—BUILDING DEMOCRACY IN IRAQ!

On Day 3, when you finally left your vacation home, I have to say I was
moved by how you had your Air Force One pilot descend from the clouds as
you flew over New Orleans so you could catch a quick look of the disaster.
Hey, I know you couldn’t stop and grab a bullhorn and stand on some rubble
and act like a commander in chief. Been there done that.

There will be those who will try to politicize this tragedy and try to use
it against you. Just have your people keep pointing that out. Respond to
nothing. Even those pesky scientists who predicted this would happen
because the water in the Gulf of Mexico is getting hotter and hotter making
a storm like this inevitable. Ignore them and all their global warming
Chicken Littles. There is nothing unusual about a hurricane that was so
wide it would be like having one F-4 tornado that stretched from New York
to Cleveland.

No, Mr. Bush, you just stay the course. It’s not your fault that 30 percent
of New Orleans lives in poverty or that tens of thousands had no
transportation to get out of town. C’mon, they’re black! I mean, it’s not
like this happened to Kennebunkport. Can you imagine leaving white people
on their roofs for five days? Don’t make me laugh! Race has nothing—
NOTHING—to do with this!

You hang in there, Mr. Bush. Just try to find a few of our Army helicopters
and send them there. Pretend the people of New Orleans and the Gulf Coast
are near Tikrit.

Yours,

Michael Moore
MMFlint@aol.com
www.MichaelMoore.com

P.S. That annoying mother, Cindy Sheehan, is no longer at your ranch. She
and dozens of other relatives of the Iraqi War dead are now driving across
the country, stopping in many cities along the way (
http://bringthemhomenowtour.org/ ). Maybe you can catch up with them before
they get to DC on September 21st.

Once the levees are fixed in New Orleans, Michael Moore should just jump out of a helicopter into the middle of town, the splash he causes should clear the city of water much quicker than any pump.

hehe,, being president would be great.. .doesn't matter what you do... you could say "I passed gas" .. 50% of the people would say you should have said I farted.. %.02 would agree that you did, only because they smelt it... 25% would say they didn't smell it so you must have been lying.

the rest would sit back, drink a beer, and laugh at the whole process and all the little weiners that wanna be part of the big game.

Once the levees are fixed in New Orleans, Michael Moore should just jump out of a helicopter into the middle of town, the splash he causes should clear the city of water much quicker than any pump.
just point him the right direction and let him start talking... one of two things would happen...

the water would be completely blown out of town in matter of hours...

or new orleans would be completely filled with bullshiit.

Micheal Moore is just one example of the lack of intelligence in this country. Anyone can create a conspiracy theory. He is nothing more than a shock artist and drama queen.

That guy is a stupid d*ck IMO. I'd like to p*ss Budweiser on his motorcycle wheels .

<!--EDIT|mountainmotor
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125699868 -->

Banditoo,

If he's your hero, most of us here in the US would be glad to send him packing to Canada. A hell of allot more of your poplulation agrees with his way of thinking than ours.

ha ha - obviously within the brotherhood of Busadom, quite a few of the members aren't of the liberal left wing persuasion ...
blush.gif

<!--EDIT|banditoo
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125701467 -->

ha ha - obviously within the brotherhood of Busadom, quite a few of the members aren't of the liberal left wing persuasion ...
blush.gif
Whether liberal, conservative, or just afraid to say what you are, Michael has proven himself to be an opprotunist that hates George Bush with a passion and will do or say anything he can to try to injure him.

Kevin

<!--EDIT|Kevin Kesler
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125701654 -->

Banditoo,

If he's your hero, most of us here in the US would be glad to send him packing to Canada.  A hell of allot more of your poplulation agrees with his way of thinking than ours.
yeah that is true, that has always been curious to me, other countries around the world feel the way we do too, not really sure why that is, I suspect it's the way the media is reported, I think outside the US we see a different perspective on what's going on in the Bush administration. I think some of your media tends to hold back information, particularly your horrible FOX news network which is very pro Bush; not that there is anything wrong with that, but they are quite biased in their opinions as opposed to reported the reality.

blush.gif
Whether liberal, conservative, or just afraid to say what you are, Michael has proven himself to be an opprotunist that hates George Bush with a passion and will do or say anything he can to try to injure him.

Kevin
Look at the big picture with Moore, no pun intended
smile.gif
Even our farthest left politicians avoid him like the plague. When faced with with facts in live interviews like O'Reilly for one, he's carved up like a holiday turkey, no pun intended. He's an excellent monday morning quarterback and shoots well from the hip but has NEVER been able to back up very much of what he says.

Banditoo,

Just out of curiosity, what is it you find about Moore that gives him hero status with you??? Are you THAT much farther left then even our most extreme left politicians in this country?? Is it pure comic relief?? Just curious........

National Guard can be organized by the governor.  What happened there??

Helicopters were there the day after rescuing people.

The governor, mayor and people of New Orleans also knew the hurricane was coming, not just Bush.

Do you really think if Bush had visited earlier, that more people would have been saved??  What does Bush being in New Orleans have to do with him directing rescue efforts.

What happen to the people of New Orleans, who choose to live below sea level surrounded by water, paying for their own levys.  Why do we have to pay for a stupidly built city??

Now he's commenting on the Pres cancelling his days off, what about all those senators/representatives.  Do you really think the Pres. just takes a day off without any duties at all??

The pesky scientist comment, ok, only the President hears pesky scientist.  I'm pretty sure everyone who wants to can get info about global warming and such.  Why is it only the Pres. isn't listening to pesky scientist.

Now the race card.  Just a stupid comment Moore.  Moore is only trying to inflame the situation.

And finally the P.S. comment.  Do you really think the Pres can talk to every family member of a fallen soldier?  Name one Pres. who has.

Moore is just a joke.  Can't believe that some people listen to him...

I have to admit a lot of his claims are unsubstantiated, that is true. I suppose because he voices his opinion, his beliefs against the establishment, his thinking outside the box attitude on what he believes. I admire a man that stands up for himself against the masses, even if he is incorrect in his opinions and facts.

You consider Fox pro-Bush. Some call it fair reporting.

Moore is a vulture trying to keep in the spotlight so he can contiue to make money. Bottom line. He's not standing up against the masses, the masses are the people of the US not the Gov.

I admire a man that stands up for himself against the masses, even if he is incorrect in his opinions and facts.
Thank you for clearing that up.  
laugh.gif
 That would elevate anyone to HERO status in my book too.  
ss011.gif
LOL - I guess that does sound quite stupid the way I worded that ..
rock.gif
laugh.gif

I mean to say I have admiration for him since he stands up for what he believes in and is not afraid to voice that to the leaders of the country. One of his flaws is he of course is too quick to state something as fact when he has a very rocky basis of facts/information to base his opinion on.

laugh.gif

National Guard can be organized by the governor. What happened there??

Helicopters were there the day after rescuing people.

The governor, mayor and people of New Orleans also knew the hurricane was coming, not just Bush.

Do you really think if Bush had visited earlier, that more people would have been saved?? What does Bush being in New Orleans have to do with him directing rescue efforts.

What happen to the people of New Orleans, who choose to live below sea level surrounded by water, paying for their own levys. Why do we have to pay for a stupidly built city??

Now he's commenting on the Pres cancelling his days off, what about all those senators/representatives. Do you really think the Pres. just takes a day off without any duties at all??

The pesky scientist comment, ok, only the President hears pesky scientist. I'm pretty sure everyone who wants to can get info about global warming and such. Why is it only the Pres. isn't listening to pesky scientist.

Now the race card. Just a stupid comment Moore. Moore is only trying to inflame the situation.

And finally the P.S. comment. Do you really think the Pres can talk to every family member of a fallen soldier? Name one Pres. who has.

Moore is just a joke. Can't believe that some people listen to him...
Very well written Charlesbusa. You covered all of the bases the media seems to be ignoring.

One of his flaws is he of course is too quick to state something as fact when he has a very rocky basis of facts/information to base his opinion on.
When your entire claim to fame and livelihood is based soley on flaming the US Government, I would consider that one flaw a major one, wouldn't you???

You really have to wonder about Moore at this point. Since the election he's pretty much fallen out of site and out of the headlines. Using the New Orleans catastrophe to get his fat aZZ back in the spotlight is just as oportunistic and deplorable as the people doing the looting.

he's just a money man.. he'll flip sides as soon as the money says go that way.

either that or he's been bought, and paid for under the table by the far left. Nobody is admitting it though.. just a stooge who wants his 15 minutes.

One of his flaws is he of course is too quick to state something as fact when he has a very rocky basis of facts/information to base his opinion on.
When your entire claim to fame and livelihood is based soley on flaming the US Government, I would consider that one flaw a major one, wouldn't you???

You really have to wonder about Moore at this point. Since the election he's pretty much fallen out of site and out of the headlines.  Using the New Orleans catastrophe to get his fat aZZ back in the spotlight is just as oportunistic and deplorable as the people doing the looting.
good points knife, can't argue with either of them ... certainly it's easy to flame the government, no government is perfect 100% of the time ..

Back