Va ride to chesapeake bay report

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to meet up with you guys at Walmart but got caught up on rt29.
Awww...why didn't you let us know you were coming?
down.gif
Sorry...it was a
hot.gif
day, but still worth it...wish you could have made it Paul...

Something seems to get added to that pic everytime its posted.
rock.gif

I was running way too late after dropping the mrs off.

Sorry guys, great pics!!

Sorry we missed you too...I was thinking you were coming and we left just a bit past 10:30 a.m.

Next time, right?
cool.gif

I really enjoyed the ride and meeting some of the members. Everything worked out great, no one had mechanical problems that I heard of, and no accidents or tickets. If only it would have been about 20 degree's cooler. Great time.

Richard

Did you get stuck at the tunnel Richard? I thought about you when I got home...you still had a bit of a ride ahead!

Yes, I got stuck for a little while at the tunnel. But something else happened before that. I was north of Williamsburg in heavy traffic and finally got a clear spot and took advantage of it. Well at the front of all this is a Blue Crown Victoria with dual exhaust and little lights just inside and at the top of the rear windshield. I slowed down a little and got the proper following distance behind him and waited. No reaction from him so I continued to follow at the proper distance matching his speed which varied from 70-85mph up to the bottle neck at the tunnel. Once clear we continued as before until the I64/I264 split. He headed toward Chesapeake and I continued to Virginia Beach. I guess it was my lucky day. I bought 5 quick pick lotto's at our water stop Saturday, so maybe my luck will continue.

Richard

P.S basscrazy - so sorry about the bridge!!!  I just had no idea
blush.gif
 But, YOU MADE IT!  
wink.gif
I truly didn't want to punk out!!! but if Tom was not on my back wheel, I would U turned half-way up that baby.  I just finished getting the rest of the seat out of my butt!!!  Bridges are my cryptonite but I did make it....  Peer pressure is a mug!!!  Thank you guys for the "counseling session"  but no more high two lane bridges please
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Yeah, it was the first time I ever pushed a Busa, with a Busa, anywhere! :-)

Just kidding, you did great Darryl!

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Warren Darryl, thanks for posting the pics. I posted mine over at the other thread...

like a bonehead before I saw this thread. Maybe Chelle can magically merge the two threads.... :-)

Tom.

<!--EDIT|Postal
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156816236 -->

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back