V2V or Vehicle to Vehicle Communication law? Whats it mean for us?

I think it's a great idea! I would love a big red light on my dash that warns me when I'm about to get creamed. Who can tell what it will progress into. Eventually we will all have some interesting driving options. There are times when I wish I could trade off time for autonomy and that's where we are going to end up eventually. Instead of a commuter lane there will be an autonomy lane or two that's under full control of your vehicle and those others that are on it. Probably travel at least 50 percent faster through efficiency alone. Those of us with "antiquated" vehicles will be deferred to the slow lanes.

BTW, surveillance progress alone is going to relegate things like speeding and red light running to the following. If you do it, you're caught, pay the fine now or lose your priveliges forever. There will be cameras and monitoring everywhere. My guess is the next 10 years will see an explosion of infrastructure and devices that make this possible. By then we will all be so frustrated and pissed off we will be happy to let the road do it for us.

I'm hearing "Red Barchetta" in the background.

Back